Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Assign administrative rigth to user for CUPS service Post 302464064 by lyapma on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 07:37:53 AM
Old 10-19-2010
Assign administrative rigth to user for CUPS service

I'm using Debian squeeze (Linux ComputerName 2.6.32-5-openvz-686 #1 SMP Sat Sep 18 04:06:15 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux) and CUPS service.
I wish to assign to a user A some administratives task such as: stop,start or restart printer.

How can i do it?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User defined service

I want to add a new IP service which executes a script on SCO OS5. I have amended /etc/services and added to port number (3333) I have amended /etc/inetd.conf and added a line for this service but I can't get it to execute my own shell script When I telnet to the IP address on port 3333 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markdrury
1 Replies

2. Solaris

nfs administrative tasks

I have been reading and implementing the tasks of nfs admin on the sun docs website but my nfs is still not working. Seems like the instructions on website just end all of a sudden without completing the instructions. Anycase, this is what i have checked/did. We had nfs filesystem before our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lombard_c
1 Replies

3. AIX

administrative user

Hi, I have administrative groups: group1, group2, group3. If a regular user have one of these group. Does it mean he is an administrator like root? What's the priveleges of administrative groups? Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

List users who have administrative access

Hi , Could you please give me the commands for the following. 1.list users who have direct access to solaris database at os-level 2.list users who have administrative access at os-level in solaris Please also let me know how to figure out these specific users i need from a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: James777
6 Replies

5. Solaris

what privilege to assign for user to cancel or disable print queue?

OS Version: Sun Solaris version 9 Other than root, we need operation to manage printer queue by using following command: lprm -P cancel enable/disable What privilege should be given? Pls advise. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to assign group policy to user in solaris

hi, how to assign group policy to user in solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Assign crontab for user

hi, how can i assign a crontab to my username "user1", here is my current list details; $ who root console Nov 15 14:38 user1 pts/1 Dec 14 21:07 (192.168.1.75) $ pwd /etc/cron.d $ ls -alh total 20 drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 512 Nov 15 14:37 .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Assign Superuser rights to normal user

Hi, It's actually strange, but Is there any way through which I can assign super user rights to normal user. Actually su/sudo/rbac does solve these but switching id is the problem for an application. For eg: $dladm show-dev insufficient priviliges. Is there any way to get it done ? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign user input to already declared array

What I am doing is creating a top menu, which a user will select a choice with a number entry. That number corresponds to a string in an array. I then want to assign that response to another array I've already declared. For example: #!/bin/bash colors=(red blue yellow) red=(cherry fire)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akilleez
2 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the status of, automount(8), running or not. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). autofs_ldap_auth.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)