Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to write a script for existing of IP_add in the files under paticular paths. Post 302464025 by rajkumar_g on Tuesday 19th of October 2010 05:49:41 AM
Old 10-19-2010
Network how to write a script for existing of IP_add in the files under paticular paths.

Hello ,

I want to write a script to test the IP_add is hardcoded in the paticular files.
the files are available in path .
for example.
/abs/abn/jkg/frames.sh. like this some files are there in the same path.I
manually replaced the IP_ADD with domain name in required files.now i have to do testing for these files does all IP_add are replaced with Domain names.Smilie

I am looking forward from you.
Thanks in advance.
rajkumar G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write new line at the beginning of an existing file

I was trying to find out the easiest way to write new line to the beginning of an exisiting file. I am using KSH. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailussr
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write shell scrit which adds parameters to existing files

Helo I have one file in that one filed is there RECLEN: 5 now I want to write a shell script which incresaes the value of RECLEN by 126 as well as I want to write shell script which adds CURPHONER:2:N:Phone used to call a record on which a recall is set PHONECNTR:2:N:Number of attemmpts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write script for more then 600 files

Hi, i have 600 or more file on my server and from this 600 files i want to make one file. i have written this script SPATH=/etlstg/DAT TPATH=/etlstg/DAT/DAT_PROCESSED FILE_DATE=`TZ=CST+24 date +20%y%m%d` a1=0 while do a2=0 while do a3=0 while ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script for multiple occurence of IP_Add in 3 diffrent directories .

Hello members. How can i write a script to find a multiple occurence of IP_ADD in the 3 different directories and under one path.after finding the IP_add redirect into a text file. for example home dir: /fdp/cdg under home directory there are several files and directories.so I have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

To search for files of paticular file mask.

how to find files of particular mask from a folder using shell script. for example if i have to find whether files having file mask like FILE%N%.csv ie files like FILE123.csv or files like FILE56.csv are present in the following folder or not. l (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for linking files with paths in 2 text files

I have 2 txt files, 1.txt and 2.txt which contain the paths to files that need to be linked. Example 1.txt: /root/001/folder2/image4.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image4.nii.gz Example 2.txt: /root/001/folder2/image5.nii.gz /root/002/folder2/image5.nii.gz Each line represents images from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write data into existing '.xlsx' file that has multiple sheets

Hello, I have a .xlsx file with 11 worksheets and I need to insert the contents of a text file (tab delim, roughly 30 columns with 1000 rows) from Row 3 onwards on the 2nd sheet. I have my code which can insert values into existing sheet but I am unable to write/import the contents of a text... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write data into existing '.xlsx' file that has multiple sheets

Hello, I have a .xlsx file with 11 worksheets and I need to insert the contents of a text file (tab delim, roughly 30 columns with 1000 rows) from Row 3 onwards on the 2nd sheet. I have my code which can insert values into existing sheet but I am unable to write/import the contents of a text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies
BF_TAR(1)																 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. 07/23/2007 BF_TAR(1)