Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Duplicating MAC linux or net? Post 302463864 by karlochacon on Monday 18th of October 2010 03:58:00 PM
Old 10-18-2010
any idea guys?

thanks a lot

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Sorry for duplicating posts

SORRY FOR DUPLICATING POSTS, COULD U JUST REMOVE THE FIRST ONE. Thank u. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vrguha
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Duplicating ethernet speed

Hi guys, Suppose you have a server with two ethernet cards (1GB each) and each cards are connecting to two different switches cisco 3750. My question is: How can I setup my server's network interfaces to increase the throughput up to 2GB? is it possible? If not, do you know another way to up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

3. Linux

Modifying Linux in WesternDigital net disks

Hi, I am installing perl and rsnapshot on the OS of a Western Digital MyBook disk. To install perl the ./Configure command tells me that both 'tr' and 'split' are missing. I don't find them on the net. Where can I download them? Thanks. Charles. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

help implementing an ip filter in linux/net/socket.c (kernel programming)

hi there so, i was given an assignment: implement a linux system call that blocks all packets that are sent to a given IP (i have to do it without using iptables) i'm really new to kernel programming btw (and i'm enjoying it a lot) so, my syscall is called ip_block() and receives a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lgfaria
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv duplicating directories

Hi Folks, I've put together a script for sorting my backup files into sub folders to be run from a cron job. Each file is named username.tar.gz and the file /etc/trueuserowners contains all users and their owner in the format "user: owner". The script works fine identifying users and their owners... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beddo
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

duplicating a line

I have a text file which is the results of running a tests hundreds of times. For simplicity let's say that each test consists of 5 lines of text numbered 1-5 e.g. 1 aaa aaa aaa 2 bbb bbb bbb 3 ccc ccc ccc 4 ddd ddd ddd 5 eee eee eee 1 aaa aaa aaa 2 bbb bbb bbb 3 ccc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicating and changing sh file

Hello, I have a file named file_1.sh that I want to duplicate into file_2.sh, file_3.sh,..., etc. I also need to change the text within each file so that it would fit the file name. For example, in file_1.sh there is a command to save some output as 'output_1.txt', and also there is an input... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haguyw
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multi-Queue virtio-net Functionality in Linux

It seems that multi queue virtio functionality is enabled in the Redhat System being used, but I need to confirm if this functionality is working appropriately: cat /usr/include/linux/virtio_net.hstruct virtio_net_config { /* The config defining mac address (if VIRTIO_NET_F_MAC) */ __u8 mac;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
2 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)