Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can not attach using mailx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can not attach using mailx Post 302463715 by methyl on Monday 18th of October 2010 09:15:42 AM
Old 10-18-2010
The parentheses allow us to execute a sequence of unix commands separated by ";" , then present the whole output to "mailx".
The position of the parentheses is critical.
Also you have the word "uuencode" in the line twice.

The equivalent of "ux2dos" appears to be "unix2dos" on Solaris.
You've removed the "-m" switch from the "mailx". I assume that it is not valid on your Solaris. I'd like to check but the website docs.sun.com has collapsed in a heap today.

Code:
(cat mailbody.txt ; unix2dos 12-MAY-10.csv | uuencode 12-MAY-10.csv) | mailx -s "Explained" "ultimatix@hotmail.com"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pine does'nt attach files

Hello All, I am maintaining a server and I use pine as MUA and sendmail as MTA. Suddenly many users in the network face the problem of not being able to attach files using pine. I checked the sendmail.cf file and found a variable "MaxMessageSize = 1000000". Eventhough the message size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maybemedic
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

attach 2 files using mailx

if test.dat is the file cat test.dat|uuencode test.dat|mailx -s "subject" mailid can be used for attaching test.dat how can i attach more than one file to a mail using mailx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with Update on attach

Hi All, Can any-one explain me how update on attach works on solaris zones. Here is the situation . I am trying to migrate a zones xx-xxx-xxx from Global zone A to Global zone B. Here is the error message zoneadm is displaying zoneadm: zone 'xx-xx-xxx': ERROR: attempt to downgrade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

xm block-attach

Hi guys. I'm studding XEN virtualization with 'The Book Of XEN'. in page 46 it has a statement about how to use xm block-attach command that I don't understand. here is the command: xm block-attach 0 tap:aio:/opt/xen/anthony.img /dev/xvda1 w 0and here is sentence: we are attaching anthony.img... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach file in mailx command

Hi I want ot send a mail with aatach a file for this i have tried mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" -a /usr/local/bin/test.out me@nowhere uuencode /usr/local/bin/test.out /usr/local/bin/test.out | mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" me@nowhere but of command is not working. so is there any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach file in mailx command

Hi I want ot send a mail with aatach a file for this i have tried mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" -a root/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out me@nowhere uuencode /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out | mailx -s "COMPLETED:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)