Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX What is maxreqs parameter in AIX? Post 302463685 by zaxxon on Monday 18th of October 2010 07:52:31 AM
Old 10-18-2010
Right, there is no AIO requests at the time this is taken. Is your AIO enabled? Is the DB actually up and running, having traffic?

Code:
lsdev -C| grep aio
aio0           Available               Asynchronous I/O (Legacy)
posix_aio0     Available               Posix Asynchronous I/O

AIX offers two AIO subsystems, Legacy AIO (aio0) and Posix AIO (posix_aio0). Oracle uses Legacy AIO which is represented by the device aio0. But I found a note here:
Administering Oracle Database on AIX
Quote:
Note:
Starting with AIX 5L version 5.2, there are two AIO subsystems available. Oracle Database 10g uses Legacy AIO (aio0), even though the Oracle pre-installation script enables Legacy AIO (aio0) and POSIX AIO (posix_aio0). Both AIO subsystems have the same performance characteristics.
As you said you are using Oracle 9.1 so maybe it will try to use posix_aio0. The tuning tips so far were considering aio0 so you might have to tune posix_aio0 as well. Anyway it seems currently is no AIO traffic there anyway.

Maybe this link is interessting for you too:
pSeries and AIX Information Center

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX kernal parameter same as of solaris tcp_conn_req_max_q

I have some requirement to tune the kernal parameter but want to know which is equal to tcp_conn_req_max_q in solaris?? thanksin advance. amir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
1 Replies

3. AIX

aix:ksh: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long.

Hi, I am getting the below error message When i am trying to delete the files from the directory.Could you please guide me? rm *.aud ksh: /usr/bin/rm: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. and find /oracle/admin/testP/adump/*.aud -mtime +5 -exec rm {} \; ksh: /usr/bin/find:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiae63
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command that takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in parameter

Hi I am looking for a unix command or a small shell script which can takes one parameter and then searches for the passed in the parameter in any or all files under say /home/dev/ Can anyone please help me on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

6. AIX

0403-027 The parameter list is too long on AIX 5.3

Hi we are using AIX 5.3 64bit I have near about 79000 log file having naming convention like "IFTMBCSun Aug 14 07:45:00 PAKST 2011". This naming convention was created by a script error, now we need to rename these log file by removing extar spaces and (:) colon for that we wrote below script ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parameter value from the parameter file in perl?

hi all, i have a parameter file of following format, i want a method which can get the value of specific parameter. parameter file format: <Parameter Name="FileLocationWindows"> <Description> The directory location of the logger file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolving a parameter which is passed as parameter

Hi, I have the following files. ->cat scr.sh export TMP_DIR=/home/user/folder1 export TMP_DIR_2=/home/user/folder2 while read line do cat "$line" done<file_list.dat ------------------------ -> cat file_list.dat $TMP_DIR/file1.txt $TMP_DIR_2/file2.txt --------------------------- -> cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barath
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
VFS_AIO_PTHREAD(8)					    System Administration tools 					VFS_AIO_PTHREAD(8)

NAME
vfs_aio_pthread - implement async I/O in Samba vfs using a pthread pool SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = aio_pthread DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The aio_pthread VFS module enables asynchronous I/O for Samba on platforms which have the pthreads API available, without using the Posix AIO interface. Posix AIO can suffer from severe limitations. For example, on some Linux versions the real-time signals that it uses are broken under heavy load. Other systems only allow AIO when special kernel modules are loaded or only allow a certain system-wide amount of async requests being scheduled. Systems based on glibc (most Linux systems) only allow a single outstanding request per file descriptor which essentially makes Posix AIO useless on systems using the glibc implementation. To work around all these limitations, the aio_pthread module was written. It uses a pthread pool instead of the internal Posix AIO interface to allow read and write calls to be process asynchronously. A pthread pool is created which expands dynamically by creating new threads as work is given to it to a maximum of 100 threads per smbd process. To change this limit see the "aio num threads" parameter below. New threads are not created if idle threads are available when a new read or write request is received, the new work is given to an existing idle thread. Threads terminate themselves if idle for one second. Note that the smb.conf parameters aio read size and aio write size must also be set appropriately for this module to be active. This module MUST be listed last in any module stack as the Samba VFS pread/pwrite interface is not thread-safe. This module makes direct pread and pwrite system calls and does NOT call the Samba VFS pread and pwrite interfaces. EXAMPLES
Straight forward use: [cooldata] path = /data/ice aio read size = 1024 aio write size = 1024 vfs objects = aio_pthread OPTIONS
aio_pthread:aio num threads = INTEGER Limit the maximum number of threads per smbd that will be created in the thread pool to service IO requests. By default this is set to 100. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 VFS_AIO_PTHREAD(8)