Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed newline to tab ,problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed newline to tab ,problem Post 302463492 by cola on Sunday 17th of October 2010 08:39:11 PM
Old 10-17-2010
sed newline to tab ,problem

Input:
Code:
gstreamer-plugins-good
gstreamer-plugins-bad 
gstreamer-plugins-ugly

Code:
sed 's/\n/\t/g' infile

It's not working.
Output should be:
Code:
gstreamer-plugins-good    gstreamer-plugins-bad    gstreamer-plugins-ugly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

newline character, space and tab after a string

no problem (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: how to remove newline after pattern?

Hi, I have the following XML not well-indented code: <hallo >this is a line </hallo> So I need to remove the newline. This syntax finds what I need to correct, but I don't know how to remove the newline after my pattern: sed 's/<.*$/&/' How can I subtract the newline after my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nico.ben
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to convert ~ in a file to newline

Hi, I have a .txt file which has a tilde(~) in it. All that I want is to break into a newline whenever there is an occurence of '~'. I have tried SED to do that but I could not succeed. I would appreciate if I can get a shell script(ksh) for this problem real quick. Thanks in advance. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errore Sed: unescaped newline

Salve, mi occorre realizzare uno script che prenda in ingresso tre parametri: un file di testo contenente una vecchia licenza, un file contenente una nuova licenza e una directory, contenente dei sorgenti c a cui sostituire la vecchia licenza con la nuova. Pensavo di utilizzare sed, con... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolanofra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error: unescaped newline

Hi, i need to make a script bash that takes in input three parameters: a text file that contains an old license, a file that contains a new license, and a directory that contains source files and i have to substitute to these file the old license with the new one. So, i think tu use sed, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolanofra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed newline

Hi everyone, I'd like to use the script validatehtml which returns either the given url is HTML strict or not, using http:// validator . w3 . org . sh validatehtml #!/bin/bash wget -q http:// validator . w3 .org / check?uri=$1 cat check\?uri\=$1 | sed -n '/h2/ p' | sed 's/ */ /g' | sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azertyazerty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why SED can't see the last newline character?

Removed. My question does not make sense. and SED does see the last newline character. But I still have a question: How to remove the last newline character(the newline character at the end of last line) using SED? ---------- Post updated 05-01-11 at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous update was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute newline with tab at designated field separator

Hello, I need to replace newline with tab at certain lines of the file (every four lines is a record). infile.fq: @GAIIX-300 ATAGTCAAAT + _SZS^\\\cd @GAIIX-300 CATACGACAT + hhghfdffhh @GAIIX-300 GACGACGTAT + gggfcfoutfile: @GAIIX-300 ATAGTCAAAT + _SZS^\\\cd @GAIIX-300 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline, tab, spaces in curly braces.. :( Pls Help?

Hi Everyone, in the below "xyz (Exception e)" part... after the curly braces, there is a new line and immediately few tabs are present before closing curly brace. xyz (Exception e) { } note: there can be one or more newlines between the curly braces. My desired output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NY_777
6 Replies
gstreamer-properties(1) 					   User Commands					   gstreamer-properties(1)

NAME
gstreamer-properties - set audio/visual preferences SYNOPSIS
gstreamer-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gstreamer-properties, the GStreamer preference tool, enables you to select the Default source and sink plugins for both audio and visual media. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gstreamer-propeExecutable for GStreamer preference tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3), gnome-std-options(5), gst-std-options(5) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2004 gstreamer-properties(1)