Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems managing user
Operating Systems Solaris Problems managing user Post 302463443 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 17th of October 2010 03:26:13 PM
Old 10-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2jkw

BTW, is this where the user configuration files resides?
this is where they SHOULD be... if you created the user with the right options... and the missing / in the passwd file shows that you don't... maybe you should remove the user and create it again with the "useradd" command.
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

managing users

I need to setup several accounts on a solaris system. (passwd,shadow,group) My question is : How can I create a group which can access a machine, but only in certain directories? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best solution for managing many nameservers

Hello, i was searching around for good solution for managing many nameservers to add the records on the slave servers and update them and if possible some web-based manegment for non-experianced customers. anyone has an idea where can i find such solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bashar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

FTP user files permissions problems!!!

Hi, I have a problem with my ftp accounts whereby if any external ftp party connects to our server and puts any file in a directory on our server. The file permissons are always -rw-r----- and no read for others. I have adjusted the ftp user .profile to include 'umask 022' but this only works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Managing Geeks

Hi, I recently found this article in computerworld and I think it is very true - at least in my company ... what do you guys think - is the author right? Is it ignorant management that makes us IT people seem to be anti-social and weird? Please share your thoughts Kind regards zxmaus (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with network user account /Library/ Folders

I am a IT tech at a business which has a 100 staff working in different departments and in a windows 7 / Mac 10.6 enviorment. I have recently been having issues with users not being able to reopen Siberlius 6 files due to a corrupted file within there library folder. The only way to fix this is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: field1024
2 Replies

7. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problems With User Creation Script

Hello everyone, I've been attempting to make a program which creates user accounts from a file which contains the usernames required. It also checks if the directory of the username exists in the C:\Users directory and then is going to give the option to delete the directory, or rename it, this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charlieabee
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problems creating and accessing with user

Hi, I have created the user 'mastersa' in several servers. I need to change the user ID to '0'. However, after doing this, I am not able to login (Access denied). Even after I change the password, I still get this error. Why is this? Also, when I attempt to delete the user account, I get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
cvsd-passwd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    cvsd-passwd(8)

NAME
cvsd-passwd - generate password entries for repositories SYNOPSIS
cvsd-passwd REPOS [+|-]NAME... DESCRIPTION
cvsd-passwd adds, updates or deletes users from repository passwd files for use with cvsd. OPTIONS
REPOS Specify the directory in which the repository is located. This argument can be the top of the repository, the CVSROOT directory or even the passwd file in the CVSROOT directory. [+]USER[:SUSER] Add or update the user to the CVSROOT/passwd file. If the user does not exist a password for the user is asked and the user is added for use with cvsd. If the user already exists a password for is asked and the password field is modified. The :SUSER part can be user to change or set mapping to a system user. If you do not specify anything, a reasonable default is used based upon your cvsd configuration. If you don't want to map the user to any specified system user you can specify an empty SUSER and use 'USER:'. -USER Remove the user from the CVSROOT/passwd file. EXAMPLES
Add an anoncvs user to access the given repository: cvsd-passwd /var/lib/cvsd/myrepos +anoncvs If the user already exists, change the password. Remove a user from the repository passwd list: cvsd-passwd /var/lib/cvsd/myrepos -foo Add a user and specify that cvs should remap this user to the joe system user: cvsd-passwd /var/lib/cvsd/myrepos joecvs:joe Note that the user joe should be known in the system passwd file and that cvsd should be run as root or user joe for this to work. SEE ALSO
cvsd(8) AUTHOR
Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>. Version 1.0.24 Jun 2012 cvsd-passwd(8)