Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Performance Monitoring of FileSystem Post 302463381 by A.Srenivasan on Sunday 17th of October 2010 07:43:56 AM
Old 10-17-2010
thanks buddy Smilie .. I will check it out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance monitoring

hi, can any one tell me, is there is any way i can check the performance of my solaris 8 os on an Ent 3500. Other than top to check for the top most processes, how to make the calculations with vmstat, iostat, mpstat and nfsstat. Or is there any other tools that i can use? cheers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. AIX

Performance monitoring

Hi All I am looking for a script that would collect statistics in a summarised format. CPU, Memory,Swap, Wait queue, Run queue and disk activity. Something that would allow me to profile the environment based on a 1 line output that I could run every 15 min. Thx Junaid (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance Monitoring

Hi all The place I work for is about to to place there database server under heavy load for testing and would like the effect recorded as much as possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction with respect to real time system monitoring. I am aware of of 'sar', vmstat etc and hope to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance monitoring

Hello, I am trying to find a way to view current CPU and disk usage. I used to use nmon which worked fine but since an upgrade to our servers this is no longer available. I have tried to get it reinstalled to no avail! Are there any other commands you can use within unix which will allow me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnwilliams
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Performance Monitoring

In the vmstat , there are many columns you can see. Can someone tell me what is the most important column that i need to be watched on, and what value or average value should i watch inorder to determine that im experiencing a cpu bottle neck. What should be my basis. or if you use glance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaibiganmi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem Monitoring script problems

Hi there all, #!/usr/bin/ksh Set -x MIN_MB_FREE="100MB" # Min. MB of Free FS Space MAX_PERCENT="85%" # Max. FS percentage value FSTRIGGER="1000MB" # Trigger to switch from % Used to MB Free WORKFILE="/tmp/df.work" # Holds filesystem data >$WORKFILE #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Performance Monitoring

Hi all, I am planning to give a presentation on performance measure. I have decided to focus on the commands which are used to know the performance of the server. I have a idea of prstat,vmstat,netstat, and iostat. Could anybody suggest me any other commands which are used for perforamance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: priky
7 Replies

8. AIX

Help with a filesystem monitoring script.

I'd like to create a cron script that checks filesystems. For example if it reaches 95% USED, I'd like it to send me an email. Can this be possible for up to say 4 filesystems using the df -k command? Any samples to get me started would be much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Script - filesystem

Hi all, I got an error when running this script (from BigAdmin community) the error is test: argument expected my server version is SunOS XXX 5.8 Generic_117350-46 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 any idea on it? #! /usr/bin/ksh ### ### This script can be run from cron to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for Monitoring Root Filesystem

I am on SCO UNIX, I need to write a script to monitor root file system. For some reason it's not working for me. #!/bin/sh df -B / | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' | while read output; do echo $output if ; then echo "Running out of space \ HOSTNAME" # mail -s "Alert: Almost out of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
8 Replies
envconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      envconfig(8)

NAME
envconfig - Configures the Environmental Monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/envconfig -c var=value /usr/sbin/envconfig start | stop /usr/sbin/envconfig -q OPTIONS
Environmental Monitoring provides a means of detecting system threshold conditions, that if exceeded, could result in a loss of data or damage to the system itself. To detect and notify users of critical conditions, the envmond daemon is used. This utility, envconfig, is used to customize the envmond daemon. This section describes the envconfig options you can use to configure the daemon. Sets the vari- ables that specify how the system environment is monitored. These variables are stored in the /etc/rc.config file and are read by the envmond daemon at system start-up. If a variable is not set, the default value of that variable is assumed. Specifies the state of Envi- ronmental Monitoring. If this variable is set to zero (0), the Environmental Monitoring package is not started during the system boot. If this variable is set to 1, and Environmental Monitoring is supported by that platform, it is started during the system boot. The default value is zero (0). Specifies the time (in minutes) that can elapse between the detection of a high temperature condition and the shutdown of the system. The default value is 15 minutes. Specifies the threshold level that can be encountered before the envmond daemon broad- casts a warning and suggested action. Specifies the frequency (in seconds) between queries of the system by the envmond daemon. The default value is 60 seconds. Specifies the path of a user-defined script that you want to the envmond daemon to execute when a high threshold level is encountered. The envmond daemon continues to check the environment after the script has executed and proceeds as needed should the high threshold levels persist. If you set this variable, the envmond daemon directs output from the script to /dev/console. Output is not displayed on standard output or written to a file as this is not the behavior of the daemon. To display on standard output, explicitly specify the logger command within the user defined script. Turns the envmond daemon on or off after system startup. Displays the values of ENVMON_CONFIGURED, ENVMON_GRACE_PERIOD, ENVMON_HIGH_THRESH, ENVMON_MONITOR_PERIOD and ENVMON_USER_SCRIPT as specified in the /etc/rc.config file. If a specified entry is not found, the environmental variable is not displayed. DESCRIPTION
The envconfig utility is used to customize the envmond daemon. You must have root privileges to use this utility. Using this utility, you can: Specify whether or not Environmental Monitoring is turned on or off at system startup. Specify how much time can elapse between the envmond daemon encountering a critical condition and the daemon initiating an orderly shutdown of the system. Specify how frequently the envmond daemon queries the system for information. Start and stop the envmond after Environmental Monitoring has been turned on at system startup. Display the settings of the environment variables as specified in the /etc/rc.config file. Note that the feature that you want to monitor must be supported on a given platform. For example, the AlphaServer 8400/GS140 supports reporting of power supply and fan status, the current system temperature, and the maximum allowed system temperature. EXAMPLES
The following procedure describes how you test for and start the environmental monitoring subsystem In multiuser mode, check the status of the environmental monitoring subsystem as follows: # /sbin/sysconfig -q envmon envmon: env_current_temp = 35 env_high_temp_thresh = 40 env_fan_status = 0 env_ps_status = 0 env_supported = 1 If the value of env_supported is 0, configure the envmond daemon and reboot the system using either of the following methods: At the com- mand prompt, enter the following command: # /usr/sbin/envconfig -c ENVMON_CONFIGURED=1 Use the rcmgr command as follows: # rcmgr set ENVMON_CONFIGURED 1 This command will enable the envmond daemon and export the variable, creating the following two lines in the /etc/rc.configfile: ENVMON_CONFIGURED="1" export ENVMON_CONFIGURED You can use the /sbin/sysconfig command to view the system environment at any time. The envmond daemon will the print warning messages in the event of a power supply failure, abnormality, or high temperatures. Error logs are logged in the /var/adm/binary.errlog. In the following example, the system shuts down in 10 minutes if the temperature does not fall below the critical threshold. /usr/sbin/envconfig -c ENVMON_GRACE_PERIOD=10 FILES
Databases that contains the values of the environment monitoring variables. Note that you must use the rcmgr comand to update the rc.con- fig* files, particularly on clustered systems. SEE ALSO
Commands: envmond(8) envconfig(8)