Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete line from file using ksh Post 302462842 by Poonamol on Friday 15th of October 2010 07:35:21 AM
Old 10-15-2010
I already did the coding for each line read and getting the line, just want to delete it from file.

Code:
while read line
do
Val=`echo $line | cut -d ";" -f 4`
if [ "$Val" -eq 1 ]; then
// remove the line from file
fi
done < $file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete line in a file

Hi all, I would like to delete a line in file.txt which has a list of filename. example: file_a file_b file_c lets say i have file_b in my directory, then i should delete file_b in file.txt and get output file.txt with only file_a and file_b. Below is my script, my result is still ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dta4316
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete line from a file

Hi , I have a file it content is like that /vol.nas/u08/aip_triage/hany/Tesko/:CC::RPAS /home/biblawh/myscript:CC::RPAS i need to search for a certain pattern inside that file and delete the line if i find this pattern without redirecting the output into another file . so i used the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramezernest
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file line by line in ksh

Hi, In ksh we use 'while read line' statement to read a file line by line. In my input file I have 5 spaces appended at the end of each line. When I use while read line statement it chops off the spaces at the end of each line Inp.txt aaaa<five spaces> bbbb<five spaces> cccc<five spaces> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete a line from the file

Hi, I have a file which contains entries with different numbers, for example: 275|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2758|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2765|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2920|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| I need to delete a line which contains certian number, for instance 275 I was trying to use 'sed' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Reading a file line by line into multiple arrays

Hi - I have a file that contains data in this format:- #comment value1 value2 value3 #comment value4 value5 value6 value7 #comment value8 value9 I need to read value1, value2 and value3 into one array, value4 value5 value6 and value7 into another array and value8 and value9 into a 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first line from file and more....

Hello, I have to deal with several files that will be named something like this: E00001.TXT, E00002.TXT etc. Each file will have a alpha character on the first position of the first line which I want to place in a variable, then delete the entire line leaving the remainder of text. This new file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfb500
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line from file

hi all, i have trackfile.txt which contains the data as 0 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t1 1 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t2 2 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t3 3 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t4 if user says delete 1 then i want to delete 1 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t2 line from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a particular line from a file

I have a file of following form 2886758410 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:26 1 0 52 139 1129 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:35 1 0 52 139 1131 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:41 0 0 56 56 1132... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File same line delete

Hi, I want to do file1 to file2. Rows will be different every time. Thanks. file1 Fru-Name :BCNMB-B Fru-Location :/chassis-1/motherboard-1 Node-Name :LMP-1-1-1 Fru-Name :BMPP2-B Fru-Location :/chassis-1/slot-1 Node-Name :CFPU-0 Fru-Name :BMPP2-B Fru-Location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozcanaydin
2 Replies
form_driver(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      form_driver(3CURSES)

NAME
form_driver - command processor for the forms subsystem SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lform -lcurses [ library... ] #include <form.h> int form_driver(FORM *form, int c); DESCRIPTION
The form_driver() function is the workhorse of the forms subsystem; it checks to determine whether the character c is a forms request or data. If it is a request, the form driver executes the request and reports the result. If it is data (a printable ASCII character), it enters the data into the current position in the current field. If it is not recognized, the form driver assumes it is an application- defined command and returns E_UNKNOWN_COMMAND. Application defined commands should be defined relative to MAX_COMMAND, the maximum value of a request listed below. Form driver requests: REQ_NEXT_PAGE Move to the next page. REQ_PREV_PAGE Move to the previous page. REQ_FIRST_PAGE Move to the first page. REQ_LAST_PAGE Move to the last page. REQ_NEXT_FIELD Move to the next field. REQ_PREV_FIELD Move to the previous field. REQ_FIRST_FIELD Move to the first field. REQ_LAST_FIELD Move to the last field. REQ_SNEXT_FIELD Move to the sorted next field. REQ_SPREV_FIELD Move to the sorted prev field. REQ_SFIRST_FIELD Move to the sorted first field. REQ_SLAST_FIELD Move to the sorted last field. REQ_LEFT_FIELD Move left to field. REQ_RIGHT_FIELD Move right to field. REQ_UP_FIELD Move up to field. REQ_DOWN_FIELD Move down to field. REQ_NEXT_CHAR Move to the next character in the field. REQ_PREV_CHAR Move to the previous character in the field. REQ_NEXT_LINE Move to the next line in the field. REQ_PREV_LINE Move to the previous line in the field. REQ_NEXT_WORD Move to the next word in the field. REQ_PREV_WORD Move to the previous word in the field. REQ_BEG_FIELD Move to the first char in the field. REQ_END_FIELD Move after the last char in the field. REQ_BEG_LINE Move to the beginning of the line. REQ_END_LINE Move after the last char in the line. REQ_LEFT_CHAR Move left in the field. REQ_RIGHT_CHAR Move right in the field. REQ_UP_CHAR Move up in the field. REQ_DOWN_CHAR Move down in the field. REQ_NEW_LINE Insert/overlay a new line. REQ_INS_CHAR Insert the blank character at the cursor. REQ_INS_LINE Insert a blank line at the cursor. REQ_DEL_CHAR Delete the character at the cursor. REQ_DEL_PREV Delete the character before the cursor. REQ_DEL_LINE Delete the line at the cursor. REQ_DEL_WORD Delete the word at the cursor. REQ_CLR_EOL Clear to the end of the line. REQ_CLR_EOF Clear to the end of the field. REQ_CLR_FIELD Clear the entire field. REQ_OVL_MODE Enter overlay mode. REQ_INS_MODE Enter insert mode. REQ_SCR_FLINE Scroll the field forward a line. REQ_SCR_BLINE Scroll the field backward a line. REQ_SCR_FPAGE Scroll the field forward a page. REQ_SCR_BPAGE Scroll the field backward a page. REQ_SCR_FHPAGE Scroll the field forward half a page. REQ_SCR_BHPAGE Scroll the field backward half a page. REQ_SCR_FCHAR Horizontal scroll forward a character. REQ_SCR_BCHAR Horizontal scroll backward a character REQ_SCR_HFLINE Horizontal scroll forward a line. REQ_SCR_HBLINE Horizontal scroll backward a line. REQ_SCR_HFHALF Horizontal scroll forward half a line. REQ_SCR_HBHALF Horizontal scroll backward half a line. REQ_VALIDATION Validate field. REQ_PREV_CHOICE Display the previous field choice. REQ_NEXT_CHOICE Display the next field choice. RETURN VALUES
The form_driver() function returns one of the following: E_OK The function returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_BAD_ARGUMENT An argument is incorrect. E_NOT_POSTED The form is not posted. E_INVALID_FIELD The field contents are invalid. E_BAD_STATE The routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_REQUEST_DENIED The form driver request failed. E_UNKNOWN_COMMAND An unknown request was passed to the form driver. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), forms(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 form_driver(3CURSES)