Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking the existance of multiple files Post 302462405 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 14th of October 2010 06:51:09 AM
Old 10-14-2010
@felipe.vinturin

That's Unix..Thank you and noted!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file existance by extension

I'm sure this can't be too tough, but. I want to check the existance of file(s) by extension. There may be 0,1,N files. If any files exist, then remove them. Thanks for any insight. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niswonp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking existance of files and directories

I have a list of files and their directories, starting from a particular location. e.g. temp/new/a.c temp/new/b.c temp/old/a.c temp/old/older/b.c etc. Now I want to check the existence of all these files in the respective directories . I am trying something like cat "fileList" |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herojeett
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The checking of folder existance is not working...

Hi all, I have the following code: if ; then echo 'folder not exist'; else echo 'folder exist'; fi The "testing" folder is not exist in /home/batch , but thhe result is 'folder exist'. It seems that the code cannot detect that the folder "testing" not exist. ANybody know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suigion
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check existance of multiple directories

Hi, I would like to check whether all the directories exists or not. I tried the below but it gives some error. below is the excerpt from my original script 24 #Check if the required directories are exists 25 dirExists() { 26 27 if 28 then 29 echo "required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while checking file existance

Kindly help on below script: << i='find ...' if then echo 'File Exists' else echo 'File Does Not Exist' >> If i has some file name then it runs properly but if i has nothing ( blank value) then it throws an error. I dont exactly remember right now but error seems like:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record count checking for multiple files through for-loop

Hi Friends, I wrote one shell script to check the record count in two files and that will send us the notification activity if found zero record count. What i did is I created for loop and checking the count for both of the files but what is happening is for first file has data then it's... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking File record equal to multiple of 70 or nearest number to multiple of 70

Hello, I have a file with below content - Example 3 6 69 139 210 345 395 418 490 492 I would like the result as - Multiple of 70 or nearest number in the file less than the multiple of 70 69 139 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV joining and checking multiple files

Hello, For our work we use several scripts to gather/combine data for use in our webshop. Untill now we did not had any problems but since a couple days we noticed some mismatches between imports. It happened that several barcodes where matched even though it was a complete other product. Of... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple tab delimited files with index checking

Hello, I have 40 data files where the first three columns are the same (in theory) and the 4th column is different. Here is an example of three files, file 2: A_f0_r179_pred.txt Id Group Name E0 1 V N(,)'1 0.2904 2 V N(,)'2 0.3180 3 V N(,)'3 0.3277 4 V N(,)'4 0.3675 5 V N(,)'5 0.3456 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies
is(n)								    [incr Tcl]								     is(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
is - test argument to see if it is a class or an object SYNOPSIS
itcl::is option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The is command is used to check if the argument given is a class or an object; depending on the option given. If the argument if a class or object, then 1 is returned. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The is command also recognizes the commands wrapped in the itcl code command. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: is class command Returns 1 if command is a class, and returns 0 otherwise. The fully qualified name of the class needs to be given as the command argument. So, if a class resides in a namespace, then the namespace needs to be specified as well. So, if a class C resides in a namespace N, then the command should be called like: is N::C or is ::N::C is object ?-class className? command Returns 1 if command is an object, and returns 0 otherwise. If the optional "-class" parameter is specified, then the command will be checked within the context of the class given. Note that className has to exist. If not, then an error will be given. So, if className is uncertain to be a class, then the programmer will need to check it's existance beforehand, or wrap it in a catch statement. So, if c is an object in the class C, in namespace N then these are the possibilities (all return 1): set obj [N::C c] itcl::is object N::c itcl::is object c itcl::is object $obj itcl::is object [itcl::code c] KEYWORDS
class, object itcl 3.3 is(n)