Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Calculating age from date of birth Post 302462055 by JerryHone on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 05:58:34 AM
Old 10-13-2010
Thanks again jgt. It's obvious when you lay it out like that!Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What is your age?

What is your age? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file age

How can I count the age of the file (e.g. in minutes)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmo.leppanen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store date-of-birth as "1#7#0#2#" in file

Hello, My input files are having header/body/footer. The first three digits finds whether the data is header/body/footer. For example, 010AAAAA 20100507 234KB BBBBBBBBBB_20100506.DAT 020CCCCC DDDDDDDDD 373983983 19750426 456.90 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating using date

I need to help to calculating using date in a script. One application is licensed by date, some month at a time. I can read the date from system and get an output like this: echo $status 6A34 System4 01.01.11-31.01.11 My goal is to use license date 31.01.11 and subtract todays date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

sqlite: calculating with dates - compare current date minus 6 months with stored record

Hi I have a table with name, date in format DD.MM.YYYY. I need to something like this (I try to explain in pseudo code) if SYSDATE (current date) minus 6 months > $expiry date print OK else print NOK with $name and $expiry date I know this is possible with Oracle. How to do this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating 7 days ago date for the given Argument

Hi I have shell script and I am facing the below issue to integrate the date calculation to the the script. If I give the $1 as the date(20110701) then I need to get the 7 days ago date for the same format.(20110624). At first I thought its a simple one to handle and I did a search in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating expiry date using date,sed,grep

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with my problem. I have a crawler which collects spam URLs everyday & this data needs to be published in a blacklist. Here's the catch: The "Time To Live" (TTL) for each URL is 3 months (or whatever for that matter). If i see the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Age of file

Hi All.. Is there any easy way to find out how many days older is file? for ex. fileA 20 days fileB 10 days I am currently on AIX, and there is no STAT command available in this environment. What are my options? Thanks Abhijeet R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies
glutLayerGet(3GLUT)						       GLUT						       glutLayerGet(3GLUT)

NAME
glutLayerGet - retrieves GLUT state pertaining to the layers of the current window. SYNTAX
int glutLayerGet(GLenum info); ARGUMENTS
info Name of device information to retrieve. GLUT_OVERLAY_POSSIBLE Whether an overlay could be established for the current window given the current initial display mode. If false, glutEstablishOver- lay will fail with a fatal error if called. GLUT_LAYER_IN_USE Either GLUT_NORMAL or GLUT_OVERLAY depending on whether the normal plane or overlay is the layer in use. GLUT_HAS_OVERLAY If the current window has an overlay established. GLUT_TRANSPARENT_INDEX The transparent color index of the overlay of the current window; negative one is returned if no overlay is in use. GLUT_NORMAL_DAMAGED True if the normal plane of the current window has damaged (by window system activity) since the last display callback was trig- gered. Calling glutPostRedisplay will not set this true. GLUT_OVERLAY_DAMAGED True if the overlay plane of the current window has damaged (by window system activity) since the last display callback was trig- gered. Calling glutPostRedisplay or glutPostOverlayRedisplay will not set this true. Negative one is returned if no overlay is in use. DESCRIPTION
glutLayerGet retrieves GLUT layer information for the current window represented by integers. The info parameter determines what type of layer information to return. SEE ALSO
glutEstablishOverlay, glutUseOverlay, glutCreateWindow, glutSetColor AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutLayerGet(3GLUT)