Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Calculating age from date of birth Post 302462055 by JerryHone on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 05:58:34 AM
Old 10-13-2010
Thanks again jgt. It's obvious when you lay it out like that!Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What is your age?

What is your age? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file age

How can I count the age of the file (e.g. in minutes)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmo.leppanen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store date-of-birth as "1#7#0#2#" in file

Hello, My input files are having header/body/footer. The first three digits finds whether the data is header/body/footer. For example, 010AAAAA 20100507 234KB BBBBBBBBBB_20100506.DAT 020CCCCC DDDDDDDDD 373983983 19750426 456.90 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating using date

I need to help to calculating using date in a script. One application is licensed by date, some month at a time. I can read the date from system and get an output like this: echo $status 6A34 System4 01.01.11-31.01.11 My goal is to use license date 31.01.11 and subtract todays date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

sqlite: calculating with dates - compare current date minus 6 months with stored record

Hi I have a table with name, date in format DD.MM.YYYY. I need to something like this (I try to explain in pseudo code) if SYSDATE (current date) minus 6 months > $expiry date print OK else print NOK with $name and $expiry date I know this is possible with Oracle. How to do this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating 7 days ago date for the given Argument

Hi I have shell script and I am facing the below issue to integrate the date calculation to the the script. If I give the $1 as the date(20110701) then I need to get the 7 days ago date for the same format.(20110624). At first I thought its a simple one to handle and I did a search in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating expiry date using date,sed,grep

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with my problem. I have a crawler which collects spam URLs everyday & this data needs to be published in a blacklist. Here's the catch: The "Time To Live" (TTL) for each URL is 3 months (or whatever for that matter). If i see the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Age of file

Hi All.. Is there any easy way to find out how many days older is file? for ex. fileA 20 days fileB 10 days I am currently on AIX, and there is no STAT command available in this environment. What are my options? Thanks Abhijeet R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies
WEAVE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WEAVE(1)

NAME
weave - translate WEB to TeX SYNOPSIS
weave [ -x ] webfile[.web] [ changefile[.ch] ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The weave program is used to create a TeX file for viewing a Web program. It takes appropriate care of typographic details like page lay- out and the use of indentation, italics, boldface, etc., and it supplies extensive cross-index information that it gathers automatically. The command line arguments are the same as for tangle except for the option: -x says to omit the index, module name list, and table of con- tents pages. (A CONTENTS.tex file will still be written when the TeX file is processed, however, unless some macros in webmac.tex are redefined.) The output TeX file name is formed by adding .tex to the root of the Web file name. There are several macros that probably should be redefined by the programmer at the beginning of the Web file. It is a good idea to set itle to the name of the program. And, to cause output of only changed modules, one can say letmaybe=iffalse (usually as the first change in the change file). FILES
$TEXMFMAIN/plain/base/webmac.tex TeX macros used by weave output. SEE ALSO
tangle(1) for references, authors, and other information. Web2C 7.3.1 4 May 1993 WEAVE(1)