Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming 'seg' assembly instruction in .s file Post 302461994 by shamrock on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 02:29:45 AM
Old 10-13-2010
seg es is a directive that tells the assembler which segment...code/data etc. is affected by the instructions that follow it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Open Suse 10 seg fault

Okay, so here is some code that when compiled on Fedora Core 6 works great, but when I compile and run it on OpenSuse 10 it gives back a seg fault when trying to join the 2nd thead. #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> int print_message_function( void *ptr ); int x = 1; main() { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisdrobison
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 64 compilation causing some code to seg fault

Hello everyone, Today we are attempting to port some legacy C code to a 64 HP-UX machine at my company and there is kind of a strange error we ran into. there is a small function they have defined called zgetenv that accepts a char* and basically just does some null checking and returns ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khadesh
0 Replies

3. Programming

Xlib Problem: XCloseDisplay seg fault

Hi, First of all forgive me if Xlib related problems does not go under this thread. In my main program, im using Xlib`s XImage type object which contains a regularly updating bitmap, and maps the XImage to a Xwindow using XPutImage. ( XCreateImage is used to create the XImage. ) The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
0 Replies

4. Programming

Seg Fault Running AIX COBOL program

Hi some help read............ I'm getting a segmentation fault when I run an AIX COBOL/Db2 program. I initiate the program from the command line, but it hangs, and then when I press enter it generates a segmantation fault and produces a core dump. The box is running AIX software level ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve_f
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a header to a sort file instruction

Hello, I have a header which I have to add to a sorted file, however if I use cat header sortedfile > newfile, the operation takes 2 minutes as the sorted file is over 400mb. I have noticed that when I sort the 400mb unsorted file, this only takes 14 seconds to create the output. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clarcombe
2 Replies

6. Programming

Are there any C code r instruction to see where is the creation or last edit for the file

Are there any C or termina instructin code or instruction to see where is the creation or last edit for the file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl script] print the assembly instruction and count the occurence

Hi, I have a input file(text file) with the following lines. 0x000000 0x5a80 0x0060 BRA.l 0x60 ;file:UserCall.s ;function:_user_call_table ;C_sourceLine:24 0x000002 0x1bc5 RETI ;file:UserCall.s ;function:_user_call_table ;C_sourceLine:30 0x000003 0x6840 MOV R0L,R0L ;file:UserCall.s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
6 Replies
isalist(1)							   User Commands							isalist(1)

NAME
isalist - display the native instruction sets executable on this platform SYNOPSIS
isalist DESCRIPTION
isalist prints the names of the native instruction sets executable on this platform on the standard output, as returned by the SI_ISALIST command of sysinfo(2). The names are space-separated and are ordered in the sense of best performance. That is, earlier-named instruction sets may contain more instructions than later-named instruction sets; a program that is compiled for an earlier-named instruction sets will most likely run faster on this machine than the same program compiled for a later-named instruction set. Programs compiled for instruction sets that do not appear in the list will most likely experience performance degradation or not run at all on this machine. The instruction set names known to the system are listed in isalist(5). These names may or may not match predefined names or compiler options in the C language compilation system, ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
optisa(1), uname(1), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 isalist(1)