Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List file with variables expanded Post 302461773 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 12th of October 2010 07:40:00 AM
Old 10-12-2010
How does this work out then:
Code:
while IFS= read -r line ;do eval printf '"%s\n"' "\"$line\""; done < script.sh

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-12-2010 at 08:47 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Macros expanded output of c files

Hi, I want to just expand the macros in a set of c files from a filelist which are in different directories. I don't want the header files included in the c file to be expanded. I have a perl script which does gcc -E <infile> -I <path to search for header files> -imacros <infile> But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file content as individual variables

Hello, I've created a couple of files within a list using the command "ls -ltr | tail -2 > list" These files are the newest files placed within a directory. From the "list" file, I need to place the filenames as a variable. In which the newest file will be called "new_ctrl" the older file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect contained in variable not expanded as expected

Hi all, I have a selection of files that contain several commands that write to a file and are started as background processes similar to below. command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 & command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noose
2 Replies

4. Solaris

war file not expanded (tomcat solaris)

hi .. my example.war file is not expanded in the webapps folder.. could u guide me why the file is not expanded when i restart tomcat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

List of all environment variables?

Hey all, I am simply trying to find a listing of all of the default BASH environment variables in RHEL 5.4. Namely, I need to find what the path variable is for libraries since one of my applications doesn't see a module that it needs to run. So far I've seen $LD_PRELOAD, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
4 Replies

6. Solaris

zpool hasn't expanded

Hi Guys, I have a raidz zpool that consists of four disks. 2x2TB, 1x1TB and 1x0.75TB. Originally it was only 1x1TB, 3x0.75TB, and I had around 1.7TB of storage capacity. I've just switched out two of the 0.75TB disks for the 2x2TB ones. I did this one at a time and now the resilvering is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How the home alias (~) is it expanded?

echo $HOME return : /home/user1echo ~ return : /home/user1My_path=~/bin/"some dir1/some dir2" kate "$My_path/some_file"Kate open a file "~/~/bin/some dir1/some dir2/some_file" which does not exists. I was expecting kate to open : "~/bin/some dir1/some dir2/some_file" Any help is welcome. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wild char getting expanded in echo

Hi All, I am having a issue in a script. I am trying to execute a select * from a scirpt to a database and printing the the sql string. The * in the sqltring is printing all the files in the directory. How to handle it ? .. .. sql="select * from emp" execute ($sql) echo $sql Here my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last '1' in list of variables

Hi folks, I have a list of variables as follows: CDBTEST1 messdba1 sat11cru1 s12tgts1 sa12ss1 I need to remove the last '1' so I can use the remaining variables in a for loop: CDBTEST messdba sat11cru s12tgts sa12ss Something like this: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
3 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)