Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying list of backup files using for loop Post 302461415 by Tytalus on Monday 11th of October 2010 06:32:34 AM
Old 10-11-2010
how about:

Code:
cat -n c:/tmp/tmp_list_bkp.txt

or

nl c:/tmp/tmp_list_bkp.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying files

I am beginner to UNIX. I wanted to display 5 filesname with size from BIN directory. The order of display should be descending order in size. Can help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridher2000
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to list files in AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape

Hi, Can anyone tell how to list files in a AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape. Thanks! Victor Cheung (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a list of files

Given a set of log files like trail.<timestamp> that are generated hourly, how do I get the list of files created for the current date, using shell script? Can anyone please help me?the format of the trace file is trail.YYYYMMDDhh I also need to know how I can "grep" for a particular word in these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Files Problem

To match all filename comprising at least three characters the first character is numeric and the last character is not alphabetic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polineni
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp list of files using FOR LOOP in ksh

hi i want to scp files from remote server B to my local server A... and i have a file containing list of all files to be scped from remote server B there is a passwordless connectivity set between remote server and my local server. need a ksh script.. with a for loop that goes through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop a file containing list of file names until the files are found?

Hi, I have a control file which will contain all filenames(300) files. Loop through all the file names in the control files and check the existence of this file in another directory(same server). I need to infinitely(2 hrs) run this while loop until all the files are found. Once a file is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Displaying multiple variables in for loop

Hi! I've run into a problem where my variables are displayed in the wrong order. Basically I'm supposed to use a file that has information like this username:firstname:lastname:etc:etc. What I'm interested in doing is reformating it into a something more like this: username lastname,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reindeermountai
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls command in a for loop displaying error

I have a few files inside a directory and in my code i am listing the files to get the filenames and do further operations.Details are given below: Dirname is taken as argument in $3 and filenames in variable $file Directory name =$3= /tmp/to-be_parsed/input Filename= $file=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
8 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)