Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding multiple zero's in a file Post 302461410 by Tytalus on Monday 11th of October 2010 06:26:15 AM
Old 10-11-2010
How many is "too many" ?

Do you want to match when every field in a row is a zero ? or when 3 of 4 are ?

Does your input always have 4 fields ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding multiple file types with "-o"

i was just wondering if any one had a good example of finding mutliple file types with the -o option or any other alternatives. find . \( -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.tag" \) for some reason i'm not having much luck and the man page isn't very descriptive. what i am trying to do is find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expression for Finding Multiple Directories..??

I am writing a shell script to search for previous versions of an application...the application is called TAU and basically i want to search the users home directory and /Applications for any instances of a "TAU" folder.. If found i want to give the user the option to remove the old folders and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Names in multiple files

What's the best way to see if a common name exists in two separate files? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding names in multiple files - second attempt

I couldn't find the original thread that I created and since I didn't get a definitive answer, I figured I'd try again. Maybe this time I can describe what I want a little better. I've got two files, each with thousands of names all separated by new line. I want to know if 'name in file1'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple regex finding in files

Hello folks, I have a text file aa.txt that contains below text (\')|(\-\-) ((\%3D)|(=)) 20%0d% i want to search each line pattern in /opt/1.log and /opt/2.log. Can some one suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding multiple column values and match in a fixed length file

Hi, I have a fixed length file where I need to verify the values of 3 different fields, where each field will have a different value. How can I do that in a single step. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding nth line across multiple files

I have several files (around 50) that have the similar format. I need to extract the 5th line from every file and output that into a text file. So far, I have been able to figure out how to do it for a single file: $ awk 'NR==5' text1.txt > results.txt OR $ sed -n '5p' text1.txt > results.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oriqin
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings through multiple lines

Hi, I need to search for a multiple line pattern and remove it the pattern is search for (ln number) <TABLE name=*> and if 3 lines below that the line is (ln number) </TABLE> Then remove those 4 lines. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding matches between multiple files from different directories

Hi all... Can somebody pls help me with this... I have a directory (dir1) which has many subdirectories(vr001,vr002,vr003..) with each subdir containing similar text file(say ras.txt). I have another directory(dir2) which has again got some subdir(vr001c,vr002c,vr003c..) with each subdir... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramya07
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the right file with multiple sort criteria

Hello, I have files in a directory with names like, ./f0/84.40_E1200_85.39_E1300_f0_r00_1300-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt ./f0/84.40_E1200_85.83_E1200_f0_r00_1200-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt ./f0/84.60_E1100_86.45_E1100_f0_r00_1100-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)					  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)

NAME
SPI_modifytuple - create a row by replacing selected fields of a given row SYNOPSIS
HeapTuple SPI_modifytuple(Relation rel, HeapTuple row, int ncols, int * colnum, Datum * values, const char * nulls) DESCRIPTION
SPI_modifytuple creates a new row by substituting new values for selected columns, copying the original row's columns at other positions. The input row is not modified. ARGUMENTS
Relation rel Used only as the source of the row descriptor for the row. (Passing a relation rather than a row descriptor is a misfeature.) HeapTuple row row to be modified int ncols number of column numbers in the array colnum int * colnum array of the numbers of the columns that are to be changed (column numbers start at 1) Datum * values new values for the specified columns const char * Nulls which new values are null, if any (see SPI_execute_plan for the format) RETURN VALUE
new row with modifications, allocated in the upper executor context; NULL only if row is NULL On error, SPI_result is set as follows: SPI_ERROR_ARGUMENT if rel is NULL, or if row is NULL, or if ncols is less than or equal to 0, or if colnum is NULL, or if values is NULL. SPI_ERROR_NOATTRIBUTE if colnum contains an invalid column number (less than or equal to 0 or greater than the number of column in row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)