Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automating scsudo
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating scsudo Post 302461170 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of October 2010 06:17:06 PM
Old 10-08-2010
Yes, it does; this is by design, it's a security feature. It's a very stern warning about keeping plaintext passwords around where unintended people might possibly read or intercept them; they're very hard to protect. Configure sudo to let you in without a password instead. If you can login to the relevant user with ssh, you could arrange passwordless ssh with keys instead of sudo.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating password ?

Hi all, I want to write a script which logs into a database (DB2). To do this i need to have a password. This will be done lots and lots of times, so i need to modify the script to automate the response to the password request. How do i this, because at present i do the following: db2 connect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liamo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating sendmail

Hi there, I am trying to send emails from within a shell script, and I need help. Also I am trying to send attachments from within a shell script. I am using sendmail. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automating Autosys

Can multiple Autosys jobs be changed with the same parameter at the same time? what scripting do I need? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LilyClaro
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating slapconfig

I'm a New Media student working at a small media/tech company that's part of the New Media department at my school. I'm working on a MySQL/LDAP-based system for keeping track of users of our Mac file server. I'm trying to write a script that backs up our LDAP database using the slapconfig command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZevEisenberg
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with SCSUDO to root access

this is my requirement: users need to have SCSUDO to root for running dsadm command that comes with directory server installation under- /export/opt/SUNWdsee/ds6/bin/ please help me how to give access to users for this requirement. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtunganati
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating The process

Hi Guru's, I am trying to write a scripts that will automate my image provisoining process. Scenario: I have Linux Image Hosted on cloud which needs to be provisoned before it can be used. Currently we log onto the image through the putty on windows and connect to linux instance. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taqvia
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating a process

Could any one tell me , how to start a thread here, i just searching for so long. sorry to post in irrelavent here ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:00 AM ---------- Hi, I got a requirement to automate the process. We have SLA files, there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afahmed
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating

Hi All, I have a shell script that is integrated with a fault management system. It periodically monitors the system and raises an alarm. This script has different functions and it accepts input from us on the console. Is there any way to invoke it using a shell script ? Please advise. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating the FTP get

Hi , I want to pull files from ftp monthly once . The files in ftp has a something like 292_fileto_pull and next month it will be 293_fileto_pull for each month the number keeps increasing. i thought in my script if i can use date and increment the number by it mget *_292_fileto_pull i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)