Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet? Post 302461100 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of October 2010 01:40:18 PM
Old 10-08-2010
The gui/terminal dichotomy's quite real when the people who write all your interfaces and applications believe in it. What good is ssh-ing to localhost when nothing you care about works from there?

My first program for PocketPC wasn't "hello world", it was "start/run" -- the alternative being inserting fixed strings in file associations via regedit! Being written in Java, half-divorced from the standard process model, the gap in Android apps must be even larger.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-08-2010 at 02:52 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How do i start a new thread with my android phone?

thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
6 Replies
SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)				      General Commands Manual					 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)

NAME
ssh-askpass-fullscreen - A simple replacement for ssh-askpass written with gtk2 SYNOPSIS
ssh-askpass-fullscreen DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gnome-ssh-askpass is a GNOME-based passphrase dialog for use with OpenSSH. It is intended to be called by the ssh-add(1) program and not invoked directly. It allows ssh-add(1) to obtain a passphrase from a user, even if not connected to a terminal (assuming that an X display is available). This happens auto-matically in the case where ssh-add is invoked from one's ~/.xsession or as one of the GNOME startup pro- grams, for example. In order to be called automatically by ssh-add, ssh-askpass-fullscreen should be installed as /usr/bin/ssh-askpass ssh-askpass-fullscreen is a program that... ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are recognized: GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_SERVER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the X server before asking for a passphrase. GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_POINTER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the mouse pointer will be grabbed too. These may have some benefit to security if you don't trust your X server. Keyboard is always grabbed. SEE ALSO ssh-add(1), ssh-askpass(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marco Presi (Zufus) <zufus@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others) and it is based on that for x11-ssh-askpass by Philip Hands and the one for gnome-ssh-askpass by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> May 8 , 2004 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)