Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Table Cleanup Script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Table Cleanup Script Post 302461019 by moe458 on Friday 8th of October 2010 08:22:25 AM
Old 10-08-2010
Table Cleanup Script

I needed some help with a script to fetch and delete all records prior to 3 days from now connecting to sybase from sunos. I wrote the following script but not working..can someone please guide me with my code.

Thanks

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
##GET PREVIOUS DAY DATE
dt=`date | awk '{printf"%4d%2d%2d\n",$6,$2,($3-3)}' | sed 's/ /0/g'`

#GET THE RECORDS FROM 3 DAYS OLD
SQL_QUERY="select * from CLEANUPTABLE where convert(varchar(12), ORDER_DATE, 3) <= '${dt}'"
echo $SQL_QUERY
LOADER=`isql -U${dbuid} -P${dbpwd} -S${dbsrv} << EOF
${LOADER}
${SQL_QUERY} >>cleanup.out
go
EXIT;
EOF

if [ $? -ne 0 ]
then
echo "Failed to execute query: ${SQL_QUERY}">> $LOG_FILE
exit -10 ;
fi

Last edited by moe458; 10-08-2010 at 11:46 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/ksh script to cleanup /etc/group file

Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted. This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files. I need to do this for 40 servers. Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions/cleanup Bash script

Hello, beginner bash scripter here.. I was able to write a script and it works just fine. I'm just wondering if someone could chime in or any suggestions to make it cleaner or tighter so to speak. I have a disk to disk backup solution which uses 250GB disks. When one gets full I just po in a new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail cleanup from ksh script, keeping 50 most recent msgs

I found some posts describing how to completely clean out a mailbox in Unix/Linux. But I want to keep the 50 most recent messages. Any ideas out there? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for cleanup

Hello, I need some help from unix guru's here..I am looking for some advanced level script to cleanup the directories and files from specific directories under a file system.. The folders are created under /opt/modules And under modules, there are multiple subfolders with the application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mb525
6 Replies

10. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)