Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo on directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo on directory Post 302461009 by vbe on Friday 8th of October 2010 08:01:11 AM
Old 10-08-2010
Yes
for safety to put the directory writable only by root (if needed otherwise chmod 555...)
AND use full path to the scripts eg /sm/sysstuff/adm/*

---------- Post updated at 14:01 ---------- Previous update was at 13:58 ----------

And to make it a bit more safe, here we use rather than * to directory *somename*
e.g. from /etc/sudoers: (HP-UX)
Code:
exploit ran = NOPASSWD : /usr/bin/su - test -c  /opt/app/tools/*_ds*

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

2. AIX

sudo log and sudo auditing

Sudo In AIX, how to find out what commands have been run after a user sudo to another user? for example, user sam run 'sudo -u robert ksh' then run some commands, how can I (as root) find what commands have been run? sudo.log only contains sudo event, no activity logging. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change io logging directory sudo 1.7.4p6

There was an update in sudo 1.7.5 : -The I/O log directory may now be specified in the sudoers file. I am stuck using sudo 1.7.4p6. Because it is supported by HP on thier HP-UX builds. Is there a process to change this directory in sudo 1.7.4p6? currently sudo 1.7.4p6's default is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trimike
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. Solaris

restrict sudo and chown in specified directory

Hi Dears, I have one requirement like this: general user A can execute command C with root privilege by sudo configuration some folders and files are created during the command C execution user A cannot access those folders and files because the owner is root user, so I want the user A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved]Can anyone tell me why -H flag with sudo doesn't switch to the target user's home directory?

I have checked the man page ,which says : The -H (HOME) option sets the HOME environment variable to the homedir of the target user (root by default) as specified in passwd(5). By default, sudo does not modify HOME But I have tried below command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michaelw321
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)