Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting : pls help me Post 302460826 by frans on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 03:27:44 PM
Old 10-06-2010
You posted the input data, but it would be kind to post us the expected result/output.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP me PLS... Simple Scripting!

this is my script.... SQL> select * from dba_profiles 2 where resource_name in ('FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS','PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME') 3 order by profile; and this is the output... PROFILE RESOURCE_NAME RESOURCE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liezer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP PLS!! Shell Scripting!!

Dear All, forgive me as i am a complete beginner in shell scripting in UNIX. I have a file with data similair to the following 8 McDonalds Sandwich 1.99 9 Mcdonalds Fries 1.20 13 McDonalds Milkshake 1.20 7 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi..all..pls...help..!!..profile scripting..

hi.. I want to customize a user in unix which could have only ftp access and NO TELNET ACCESS! ..... As being a newbie to unix to my understanding the user .profile has to be edited but if someone can explain how to edit it so that i can block telnet access for that user.....Is /etc/profile has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pls help me in scripting

i want to write a script that if the time is 8 then it give a message that the time is 8 and if it is 9-10 then it gives a message that time to go to office like that. can any one help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, pls help

# for i in `cat oo`;do ls -ld $i;done ls: /var/tmp/i: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/ii: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/iii: No such file or directory ls: i: No such file or directory ls: /var/tmp/iiii: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpttak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell program help pls

first queestion if what does "-s" mean? second seqx -n 10000000 -c 10 < $seqfile >$temp seqx? -n? -c? what do these mean? third if && ! cmp -s $missing $temp explain these codes ty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtheone
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with first shell script pls.

Hi, I'm trying to extract information from one file to update another one and am a bit stuck. the first file is made up of tags e.g. <item>a@b.com</item> jksdhfjkdsh sldkjfds l klsjdf <item> c@d.com </item> what i'd like to do is extract the email addresses between these tags,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
6 Replies
hp(1)							      General Commands Manual							     hp(1)

NAME
hp - handle special functions of HP2640 and HP2621-series terminals SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
supports special functions of the Hewlett-Packard HP 2640 and HP 2621 series of terminals, with the primary purpose of producing accurate representations of most output. A typical use is: Regardless of the hardware options on a given terminal, tries to do sensible things with underlining and reverse line-feeds. If the termi- nal has the ``display enhancements'' feature, subscripts and superscripts can be indicated in distinct ways. If it has the ``mathematical- symbol'' feature, Greek and other special characters can be displayed. Options recognizes the following options: Specify that your terminal has the ``display enhancements'' feature, to make maximal use of the added display modes. Overstruck characters are presented in the Underline mode. Superscripts are shown in Half-bright mode, and subscripts in Half-bright, Underlined mode. If this flag is omitted, assumes that your terminal lacks the ``display enhancements'' feature. In this case, all overstruck characters, subscripts, and super- scripts are displayed in Inverse Video mode; that is, dark-on-light, rather than light-on-dark. Request minimization of output by removing new-lines. Any contiguous sequence of 3 or more new-lines is converted into a sequence of only 2 new-lines; that is, any number of successive blank lines produces only a single blank output line. This allows you to retain more actual text on the screen. DIAGNOSTICS
The representation of a line exceeds 1,024 characters. RETURN VALUE
returns zero for normal termination, and 2 for all errors. WARNINGS
An ``overstriking sequence'' is defined as a printing character followed by a backspace followed by another printing character. In such sequences, if either printing character is an underscore, the other printing character is shown underlined or in Inverse Video; otherwise, only the first printing character is shown (again, underlined or in Inverse Video). Nothing special is done if a backspace is adjacent to an ASCII control character. Sequences of control characters (e.g., reverse line-feeds, backspaces) can make text ``disappear''; in partic- ular, tables generated by that contain vertical lines will often be missing the lines of text that contain the ``foot'' of a vertical line, unless the input to is piped through (see col(1)). Although some terminals do support numerical superscript characters, no attempt is made to display them. SEE ALSO
col(1), neqn(1), nroff(1), tbl(1). hp(1)