Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format log file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Format log file Post 302460578 by Aswex on Thursday 7th of October 2010 05:07:13 AM
Old 10-07-2010
Hello kurumi,

thanks for your reply but I am solaris 9 (ksh) and I do not have acces to ruby. I can only have acces to awk, cut, sed ... usual unix tool.

Thnaks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Correct format in a log file

I'm trying to read the output of a .sql script (simple insert and commit oracle pl/slq script) to a log file using a shell script. My problem is I end up with a log file that looks like this: sd12@phenix97:/detain/sd12/logs > cat 20071205_detain_20071206.log 12320496 rows created. Commit... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sd12
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - log file format

Hello everyone, I have a log file : \data\file\script\command_0001 \data\file\script\command_0002 \data\file\script\command_0003 I need to make all lines on this way \data\file\script\command_0001 \data\file\script\command_0002 \data\file\script\command_0003 I know this could be done... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file format!

DO log files have 1 universal format. And if any body know how to depict the $1 to $10 arguments of this file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File - Format

Dear all, I need help to format a log file : Here is the output (Go to the end of the Wrap Code to see caracter at the end of line): FILE='/OPERATIONNEL/SATURNE/PHYS_MOD/NOWMOD/SATURNE_1DAV_20110201_20110202_ICEMOD_R20110202.NC ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format log file

Hello, I need help to format log file. I am looking for the most short way to to it here is what I have : /data_val/SATURNE/MASTER/PRE/SATURNE_1dAV_20110301_20110302_T3D_T_FCST_R20110216.nc 3581376 here is what I need : SATURNE_1dAV_20110301_20110302_T3D_T_FCST_R20110216.nc 3581376... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format log file - SED

Hello, I need help to format a log file...again ; )) Here is what I have : FILE='/OPERATIONNEL/SATURNE/MASTER/SATURNE_MASTER_PRE_R20110119.TAR.GZ ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format LOG File

Hello, I just need help to format log file that contain huge amont of lines: Here is what I am getting : STAS022 RC = 0 I Suppression de /OPERATIONNEL/SATURNE/PGN/HD/SATURNE_1DAV_20100415_20110415_ISI_R20110430.NC effectuee STAS034 RC = 0 I Deroulement correct STAF067 RC = 9 E... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

format log file

Hello, I am on solaris here is what I have *****LIST OF ATTRIBUTS FROM FILES***** FILE='/N1B/2002/05/ACL1B_2002_05_01_B_00.TAR ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format a log file using sed

I am looking to extract something like this from the below sample log file. 10.28.76.15 SSLC=Z42 71.19.175.130 10.28.76.15 SSLC=Z42 71.19.175.130 10.28.76.15 SSLC=Z42 71.19.175.130 for that I tried something like below and I have no clue how to extract the IP address marked red in the log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
6 Replies
DtEditorFormat(library call)											      DtEditorFormat(library call)

NAME
DtEditorFormat -- format all or part of the contents of a DtEditor widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Editor.h> DtEditorErrorCode DtEditorFormat( Widget widget, DtEditorFormatSettings *formatSettings, unsigned int amountToFormat); DESCRIPTION
The DtEditorFormat function formats all or part of the contents of the DtEditor widget according to the current text format settings in the Format Settings dialog. These options specify which margins and alignments (left aligned, right aligned, justified or centered) are used. Optionally, alternative settings can be passed as an argument to DtEditorFormat in a data structure. This function formats either the paragraph containing the insertion cursor or the entire contents of the DtEditor widget, depending on the value of the amountToFormat argu- ment. The Format Settings dialog is displayed with DtEditorInvokeFormatDialog(3). For a complete description of formatting and the Format Set- tings dialog, see DtEditor. The widget argument specifies the editor widget ID. The formatSettings argument specifies left margin value, right margin value and the justification style. The LeftMargin and RightMargin fields of DtEditorFormatSettings must be zero or larger. The Alignment field can have a value of DtEDITOR_ALIGN_CENTER, DtEDI- TOR_ALIGN_JUSTIFY, DtEDITOR_ALIGN_LEFT or DtEDITOR_ALIGN_RIGHT. If the formatSettings argument is NULL, DtEditorFormat uses the last format settings specified in the Format Settings dialog. When the amountToFormat argument is set to DtEDITOR_FORMAT_ALL, it reformats all the text in the edit window. When this argument is set to DtEDITOR_PARAGRAPH, only the paragraph containing the insertion cursor is formatted. For a complete definition of the DtEditor widget and its associated resources, see DtEditor(3). For a complete definition of DtEditorFormatSettings, see Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtEditorFormat function returns DtEDITOR_NO_ERRORS; otherwise, it returns one of the following values: DtEDITOR_NO_TMP_FILE The DtEditorFormat function cannot create two temporary files in the directory returned by tmpnam3S. DtEDITOR_ILLEGAL_SIZE The left or right margin values are negative. DtEDITOR_INVALID_RANGE The amountToFormat argument is not recognized. DtEDITOR_INVALID_TYPE The Alignment field is not recognized. SEE ALSO
Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5), DtEditor(3), DtEditorInvokeFormatDialog(3); tmpnam3S. DtEditorFormat(library call)