Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux CPU on-line or off-line status Post 302460532 by forumguest on Thursday 7th of October 2010 03:25:30 AM
Old 10-07-2010
CPU on-line or off-line status

How to check CPU on-line or off-line status using single command in Linux?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit status of command in a pipe line

Hi, I am trying to test the exit status of the cleartool lsvtree statement below, but it doesn't seem to be working due to the tail pipe, which it is testing instead. Is there a way around this without adding a tonne of new code? cleartool lsvtree $testlocation/$exe_name | tail -15 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: topcat8
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Status to echo'd line after process completes

Hello All, I'm very new to scripting and I'm writing a very simple script to restart a couple processes because I'm getting to lazy to cd between directories. This is pretty much my first script and I just want to add a little cosmetics to it. Here's what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setan
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIXTERM Status Line

Hello, can anyone help and suggest a way I can implement the following Idea: I would like to use the status line in aixterm to display the current hostname as well as some other environment variables during the session. I have not been able to put any string and display that in the status line.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat's cpu stats on first line of output are always the same

Hello, I'm seeing this problem with vmstat, where the first line of output always has the same CPU statistics. For example: neked@nekedmachine:~$ date && vmstat Fri Jul 24 06:57:08 EDT 2009 procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- --system-- -----cpu------ r b swpd ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the job status from second line

I want to get the job status from the second line "SU" to a variable Input: Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run/Ntry Pri/Xit JOBNAME 10/24/2016 10:34:55 10/24/2016 10:44:15 SU 100344/32 0 Code tried JSTATUS=$(cat Input | awk '$6 == "SU" {print $6}')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joselouis
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
CPUCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 CPUCTL(8)

NAME
cpuctl -- program to control CPUs SYNOPSIS
cpuctl command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The cpuctl command can be used to control and inspect the state of CPUs in the system. The first argument, command, specifies the action to take. Valid commands are: identify cpu Output information on the specified CPU's features and capabilities. Not available on all architectures. list For each CPU in the system, display the current state and time of the last state change. offline cpuno Set the specified CPU off line. Unbound LWPs (lightweight processes) will not be executed on the CPU while it is off line. Bound LWPs will continue to be executed on the CPU, and device interrupts routed to the CPU will continue to be handled. A future release of the system may allow device interrupts to be re-routed away from individual CPUs. At least one CPU in the system must remain on line. online cpuno Set the specified CPU on line, making it available to run unbound LWPs. ucode [file] This applies the microcode patch on all CPUs. The default filename is used if no filename is specified. The identify com- mand prints the installed version on that CPU. On success the identify command show different ucode versions before and after this command. FILES
/dev/cpuctl control device /libdata/firmware/x86/amd/ The directory to install the microcode file for AMD CPUs into. The default filename is microcode_amd.bin for CPU families 0x10 to 0x14. The default filename is microcode_amd_famXXh.bin where XX is the CPU family starting with 15 (hex). Get it from http://www.amd64.org/support/microcode.html EXAMPLES
Run cpuctl identify 0 and you should see something like this: cpu0: UCode version: 0x1000080 After applying the microcode patch with cpuctl ucode you can see with cpuctl identify 0 that the patch got applied: cpu0: UCode version: 0x1000083 SEE ALSO
psrset(8), schedctl(8) HISTORY
The cpuctl command first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
January 13, 2012 BSD