Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Data Cleaning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AWK Data Cleaning Post 302460527 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 7th of October 2010 03:05:53 AM
Old 10-07-2010
p is just a variable the remembers the previous value. So in this case it is used to detect whether the value of $3 has changed. if(p!=$3) means if the previous value is unequal to the current value of $3...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

doing some spring cleaning....

USERS="me you jim joe sue" for user in ${USERS}; do rmuser -p $user usrdir=`cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` rm -fr `cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` echo Deleting: $user '\t' REMOVING: $usrdir done This is for AIX ONLY!!! but easily ported to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Cleaning in a file

Hi , I have the below source data, I need to clean the data in 2nd,4th,5th columns. Source Data RECORD,CASH_TRANS,BEJING,AUG2011/CASH_TRANS,Y/N150/CASH_TRANS,N/201108 RECORD,CASH_TRANS,INDIA,AUG2011/CASH_TRANS,Y/NC110/CASH_TRANS,N/201108... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File cleaning

HI , I am getting the source data as below. Source Data CDR_Data,,,,, F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 5,5,6,7,8,7 6,6,g,,, 7,7,76,,, 8,8,gt,,, 9,9,df ,d,d,d ,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cleaning the file

Hi, I have a file with multiple rows. each row has 8 columns. Column 8 has entries separated by commas. I want to exclude all the rows in which column 8 has more than 3 commas. 1234#0/1 - ABC_1234 3 ATGCATGCATGC HHHIIIGIHVF 1 49:T>C,60:T>C,78:C>A,76:G>T,65:T>G Thanks, Diya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning AWK code

Hi I need some help to clean my code used to get city location. wget -q -O - http://www.ip2location.com/ | grep chkRegionCity | awk 'END { print }' | awk -F"" '{print $4}' It gives me the city but have a leading space. I am sure this could all be done by one single AWK Also if possible... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning output using awk

I have some small problem with my code. data.html <TD class="statuscol2">c</TD> <TD class="statuscol3">18</TD> <TD class="statuscol4"><SPAN TITLE="#04">test4</SPAN></TD> <TD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning through perl or awk a Stemmer dictionary

Hello, I work under Windows Vista and I am compiling an open-source stemmer dictionary for English and eventually for other Indian languages. The Engine which I have written has spewed out all lemmatised/expanded forms of the words: Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs etc. Each set of expanded forms is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
RUNLEVEL(8)                                                          runlevel                                                          RUNLEVEL(8)

NAME
runlevel - Print previous and current SysV runlevel SYNOPSIS
runlevel [options...] OVERVIEW
"Runlevels" are an obsolete way to start and stop groups of services used in SysV init. systemd provides a compatibility layer that maps runlevels to targets, and associated binaries like runlevel. Nevertheless, only one runlevel can be "active" at a given time, while systemd can activate multiple targets concurrently, so the mapping to runlevels is confusing and only approximate. Runlevels should not be used in new code, and are mostly useful as a shorthand way to refer the matching systemd targets in kernel boot parameters. Table 1. Mapping between runlevels and systemd targets +---------+-------------------+ |Runlevel | Target | +---------+-------------------+ |0 | poweroff.target | +---------+-------------------+ |1 | rescue.target | +---------+-------------------+ |2, 3, 4 | multi-user.target | +---------+-------------------+ |5 | graphical.target | +---------+-------------------+ |6 | reboot.target | +---------+-------------------+ DESCRIPTION
runlevel prints the previous and current SysV runlevel if they are known. The two runlevel characters are separated by a single space character. If a runlevel cannot be determined, N is printed instead. If neither can be determined, the word "unknown" is printed. Unless overridden in the environment, this will check the utmp database for recent runlevel changes. OPTIONS
The following option is understood: --help Print a short help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
If one or both runlevels could be determined, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
$RUNLEVEL If $RUNLEVEL is set, runlevel will print this value as current runlevel and ignore utmp. $PREVLEVEL If $PREVLEVEL is set, runlevel will print this value as previous runlevel and ignore utmp. FILES
/run/utmp The utmp database runlevel reads the previous and current runlevel from. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.target(5), systemctl(1) systemd 237 RUNLEVEL(8)