Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Data Cleaning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AWK Data Cleaning Post 302460466 by carmar87 on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 09:39:21 PM
Old 10-06-2010
What does p! represent?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

doing some spring cleaning....

USERS="me you jim joe sue" for user in ${USERS}; do rmuser -p $user usrdir=`cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` rm -fr `cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` echo Deleting: $user '\t' REMOVING: $usrdir done This is for AIX ONLY!!! but easily ported to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Cleaning in a file

Hi , I have the below source data, I need to clean the data in 2nd,4th,5th columns. Source Data RECORD,CASH_TRANS,BEJING,AUG2011/CASH_TRANS,Y/N150/CASH_TRANS,N/201108 RECORD,CASH_TRANS,INDIA,AUG2011/CASH_TRANS,Y/NC110/CASH_TRANS,N/201108... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File cleaning

HI , I am getting the source data as below. Source Data CDR_Data,,,,, F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 5,5,6,7,8,7 6,6,g,,, 7,7,76,,, 8,8,gt,,, 9,9,df ,d,d,d ,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cleaning the file

Hi, I have a file with multiple rows. each row has 8 columns. Column 8 has entries separated by commas. I want to exclude all the rows in which column 8 has more than 3 commas. 1234#0/1 - ABC_1234 3 ATGCATGCATGC HHHIIIGIHVF 1 49:T>C,60:T>C,78:C>A,76:G>T,65:T>G Thanks, Diya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning AWK code

Hi I need some help to clean my code used to get city location. wget -q -O - http://www.ip2location.com/ | grep chkRegionCity | awk 'END { print }' | awk -F"" '{print $4}' It gives me the city but have a leading space. I am sure this could all be done by one single AWK Also if possible... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning output using awk

I have some small problem with my code. data.html <TD class="statuscol2">c</TD> <TD class="statuscol3">18</TD> <TD class="statuscol4"><SPAN TITLE="#04">test4</SPAN></TD> <TD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning through perl or awk a Stemmer dictionary

Hello, I work under Windows Vista and I am compiling an open-source stemmer dictionary for English and eventually for other Indian languages. The Engine which I have written has spewed out all lemmatised/expanded forms of the words: Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs etc. Each set of expanded forms is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
SGEBD2(l)								 )								 SGEBD2(l)

NAME
SGEBD2 - reduce a real general m by n matrix A to upper or lower bidiagonal form B by an orthogonal transformation SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGEBD2( M, N, A, LDA, D, E, TAUQ, TAUP, WORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDA, M, N REAL A( LDA, * ), D( * ), E( * ), TAUP( * ), TAUQ( * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
SGEBD2 reduces a real general m by n matrix A to upper or lower bidiagonal form B by an orthogonal transformation: Q' * A * P = B. If m >= n, B is upper bidiagonal; if m < n, B is lower bidiagonal. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows in the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns in the matrix A. N >= 0. A (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the m by n general matrix to be reduced. On exit, if m >= n, the diagonal and the first superdiagonal are overwritten with the upper bidiagonal matrix B; the elements below the diagonal, with the array TAUQ, represent the orthogonal matrix Q as a product of elementary reflectors, and the elements above the first superdiagonal, with the array TAUP, represent the orthogonal matrix P as a product of elementary reflectors; if m < n, the diagonal and the first subdiagonal are overwritten with the lower bidiagonal matrix B; the elements below the first subdiagonal, with the array TAUQ, represent the orthogonal matrix Q as a product of elementary reflectors, and the elements above the diagonal, with the array TAUP, represent the orthogonal matrix P as a product of elementary reflectors. See Further Details. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). D (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The diagonal elements of the bidiagonal matrix B: D(i) = A(i,i). E (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)-1) The off-diagonal elements of the bidiagonal matrix B: if m >= n, E(i) = A(i,i+1) for i = 1,2,...,n-1; if m < n, E(i) = A(i+1,i) for i = 1,2,...,m-1. TAUQ (output) REAL array dimension (min(M,N)) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors which represent the orthogonal matrix Q. See Further Details. TAUP (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The scalar factors of the elementary reflectors which represent the orthogonal matrix P. See Fur- ther Details. WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (max(M,N)) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. FURTHER DETAILS
The matrices Q and P are represented as products of elementary reflectors: If m >= n, Q = H(1) H(2) . . . H(n) and P = G(1) G(2) . . . G(n-1) Each H(i) and G(i) has the form: H(i) = I - tauq * v * v' and G(i) = I - taup * u * u' where tauq and taup are real scalars, and v and u are real vectors; v(1:i-1) = 0, v(i) = 1, and v(i+1:m) is stored on exit in A(i+1:m,i); u(1:i) = 0, u(i+1) = 1, and u(i+2:n) is stored on exit in A(i,i+2:n); tauq is stored in TAUQ(i) and taup in TAUP(i). If m < n, Q = H(1) H(2) . . . H(m-1) and P = G(1) G(2) . . . G(m) Each H(i) and G(i) has the form: H(i) = I - tauq * v * v' and G(i) = I - taup * u * u' where tauq and taup are real scalars, and v and u are real vectors; v(1:i) = 0, v(i+1) = 1, and v(i+2:m) is stored on exit in A(i+2:m,i); u(1:i-1) = 0, u(i) = 1, and u(i+1:n) is stored on exit in A(i,i+1:n); tauq is stored in TAUQ(i) and taup in TAUP(i). The contents of A on exit are illustrated by the following examples: m = 6 and n = 5 (m > n): m = 5 and n = 6 (m < n): ( d e u1 u1 u1 ) ( d u1 u1 u1 u1 u1 ) ( v1 d e u2 u2 ) ( e d u2 u2 u2 u2 ) ( v1 v2 d e u3 ) ( v1 e d u3 u3 u3 ) ( v1 v2 v3 d e ) ( v1 v2 e d u4 u4 ) ( v1 v2 v3 v4 d ) ( v1 v2 v3 e d u5 ) ( v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 ) where d and e denote diagonal and off-diagonal elements of B, vi denotes an element of the vector defining H(i), and ui an element of the vector defining G(i). LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGEBD2(l)