Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sudo su - user in a shell script Post 302460415 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 06:33:50 PM
Old 10-06-2010
Why not allow user1 to call cmd1, cmd2 and cmd3 as user2 without password:
Code:
# Example of change to /etc/sudoers
Cmnd_Alias      U2CMDS = /usr/local/bin/cmd1, /usr/local/bin/cmd2, /usr/local/bin/cmd3

# Allow user1 to run cmd(1-3) as user2 without password
user1  ALL=(user2)  NOPASSWD: U2CMDS

then user1 can:
Code:
user1@host] sudo -u user2 cmd1
user1@host] sudo -u user2 cmd2
user1@host] sudo -u user2 cmd3

Or, if you do it a lot and always call cmd1 then cmd2 then cmd3 put these three calls into 1 script that user1 can call.

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 10-06-2010 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Show example of sudoers change required

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to switch user in shell scripting (without sudo)?

Hi everyone: I have a big trouble, I need create a script that must switch user and then must execute certain commands, sadly neither my user nor the second user have no privileges for sudo, I've tried everything but seems su doesn't accept input redirection, please help me, it's very... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script on sudo

I want to execute a script(generateReport.sh) which resides on root home directory from shell script(localtrigger.sh) as root by using sudo. The thing is i cant edit /etc/sudoers (i can but m not allowed to do it , ethically) i cant change ownership of generateReport.sh script When i try... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saket
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give a user sudo permissions

Can some one please let me know a script which gives the user sudo permissions? Thanks in advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell sIs there something special I need to do when using sudo in a script?

I have a script in which I used "sudo -s" I notice some extremely strange behavior when executing this script. To investigate this I decided to recreate the problem in the following script. I notice that "sudo -s" is only being executed one time. Soon after completely falls apart. Is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Require help in creating a Sudo/Shell script

Hello Friends, I have a scenario to create a script, I know many of you feel this as simple script. I am not much familiar with unix scripting, please help me out. Situation:- 1. I have a list of config files like 40+ would be getting deployed in the /app/abcd/src/Config/ (This will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganjvin
2 Replies
jrunscript(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jrunscript(1)

NAME
jrunscript - command line script shell SYNOPSIS
jrunscript [ options ] [ arguments... ] PARAMETERS
options Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. arguments Arguments, if used, should follow immediately after options or command name. DESCRIPTION
jrunscript is a command line script shell. jrunscript supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution. This is a scripting language independent shell. By default, JavaScript is the language used, but the -l option can be used to specify a different language. Through Java to scripting language communication, jrunscript supports "exploratory programming" style. NOTE: This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-classpath path Specify where to find the user's .class files that are accessed by the script. -cp path This is a synonym for -classpath path -Dname=value Set a Java system property. -Jflag Pass flag directly to the Java virtual machine on which jrunscript is run. -l language Use the specified scripting language. By default, JavaScript is used. Note that to use other scripting languages, you also need to spec- ify the corresponding script engine's jar file using -cp or -classpath option. -e script Evaluate the given script. This option can be used to run "one liner" scripts specified completely on the command line. -encoding encoding Specify the character encoding used while reading script files. -f script-file Evaluate the given script file (batch mode). -f - Read and evaluate a script from standard input (interactive mode). -help Output help message and exit. -? Output help message and exit. -q List all script engines available and exit. ARGUMENTS
If [arguments...] are present and if no -e or -f option is used, then the first argument is the script file and the rest of the arguments, if any, are passed as script arguments. If [arguments..] and -e or -f option are used, then all [arguments..] are passed as script argu- ments. If [arguments..], -e and -f are missing, interactive mode is used. Script arguments are available to a script in an engine variable named "arguments" of type String array. EXAMPLES
Executing inline scripts jrunscript -e "print('hello world')" jrunscript -e "cat('http://java.sun.com')" Use specified language and evaluate given script file jrunscript -l js -f test.js Interactive mode jrunscript js>print('hello world'); hello world js>34 + 55 89 js> thread(function() { print('hello world'); } hello world js> Run script file with script arguments jrunscript test.js arg1 arg2 arg3 test.js is script file to execute and arg1, arg2 and arg3 are passed to script as script arguments. Script can access these using "argu- ments" array. SEE ALSO
If JavaScript is used, then before evaluating any user defined script, jrunscript initializes certain built-in functions and objects. These JavaScript built-ins are documented in jsdocs. 06 Aug 2006 jrunscript(1)