Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine line before the pattern Post 302460323 by DGPickett on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 12:14:08 PM
Old 10-06-2010
PS: Solaris sed had/has a bug of dropping the last line in scripts like this, which is why my sed is so careful around $ eof!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine the lines based on particular pattern

Hi, I've a weird problem to be solved. Assume i have a file like this: 1. <timestamp> UID: 12345 <junk> DevID: V123 2. <timestamp>DevID: V123 <junk> DuID: VP 3. ... 4. .... 5. <timestamp> UID: 789 <junk> DevID: S456 6. <timestamp>DevID: S456 <junk> DuID: VP.... 7. ..... Say if i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkataPrasad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine lines within range of pattern

I've a file say having line 1 line 2 (NP line 3 line 4 line 5) line 6 I want to combine lines starting from (NP and ending with ) then it will look like line 1 line 2 (NP line3 line4 line5) line 6 I tried using sed '/(NP/,/)$/ s/\n/ /' but it's not working. Any help please? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: neg
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and combine into single file

Hi Experts Please help me out with the following thing: 2 files and want the output file: {No for using FOR loop because I got 22 million lines} Tried that "It processes only 8000 records per hour" I need a faster way out !!! FileA: 9051 9052 9053 9054 9055 9056 9057 9058 9059 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 4 awk pattern count statements into 1

Hello fellow awkers, I am trying to combine the following awk statements into 1 so that the results are more accurate: awk '/\=\+/ { count++ } END { print count}' filename awk '/\=\?/ { count++ } END { print count}' filename awk '/\=\-/ { count++ } END { print count}' filename awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 3 files based on a pattern

HI, I have 3 files that contain the following information (sql output from Oracle database stored in a txt file): File1.txt : alter table "SYS"."INT_COST_PRICE" enable row movement; alter table "SYS"."INT_SOH" enable row movement; alter table "SYSMAN"."XX_ACI_SKURTP" enable row movement;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)