10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have to create a new CSV file based on the value listed on the 3rd column from different CSV files. This is what I need:
1. I should substitute the first column from each file, excluding the headers, with the file name InputXX.
2. Then, I need to look for rows with 0 on the third column in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to find all files in a directory which are containing specific pattern. Thing is that file name should not consider if pattern is only in commented area.
all contents which are under /* */ are commented
all lines which are starting with -- or if -- is a part of some sentence... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location.
Is there any straightforward way of doing this ?
One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to list only the files with out certain extension.
For eg from the following list of files:
I need to only list:
Shash (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to find and list the last 5 days files in that exact name with "MIM" and copy to another directory.
please help me in this there is around 30000 files
Murali (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 969murali@gmail
6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm rather new to programming, and am attempting to combine lines from 2 files in a way that is way beyond my expertise - any help would be appreciated!
I need to take a file (file1) and add columns to it from another file (file2). However, a line from file2 should only be added to a given line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheri
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have two files which are as follows:
1 abc 250
2 pqr 300
3 xyz 100
1 abc 230
2 pqr 700
3 xyz 500
Now I need output File, File 3as:
S.No Name Count1 Count2
1 abc 250 230
2 pqr 300 700
3 xyz 100 500
NOTE: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I've a weird problem to be solved. Assume i have a file like this:
1. <timestamp> UID: 12345 <junk> DevID: V123
2. <timestamp>DevID: V123 <junk> DuID: VP
5. <timestamp> UID: 789 <junk> DevID: S456
6. <timestamp>DevID: S456 <junk> DuID: VP....
Say if i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkataPrasad
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to combine two lines in same file. If the line ends with '&' it should belongs to previous line only
Here i am writing example.
line 1 : return abcdefgh&
line 2 : ijklmnopqr&
line 3 : stuvw&
line 4 : xyz
output should be
line 1: return abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432