Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file from 2nd line in shell script Post 302460145 by panyam on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 06:46:29 AM
Old 10-06-2010
simple way.
Code:

$ j=0
$ while read line
> do
> if [ $j -eq 0 ]; then
> echo "hi this is the first line"
> j=1
> else
> echo $line
> fi
> done < input_File
hi this is the first line
04;AAA;09;DDD;601020304;AAAA;1;OPTA1;OPTA2;;;
04;BBB;09;BBB;601020304;BBBB;0;OPTB1;OPTB2;OPTB3;OPTB4;OPTB5;
04;CCC;09;DDD;601020304;CCCC;1;;;;;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse config variables from external file to shell script

How do i use a config.txt to recursively pass a set of variables to a shell script eg my config.txt looks like this : path=c://dataset/set1 v1= a.bin v2= b.bin path=c://dataset/set2 v1= xy.bin v2= abc.bin .................. and so on . and my testscript : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a string in XML file using shell script

Hi! I'm just new here and don't know much about shell scripting. I just want to ask for help in creating a shell script that will parse a string or value of the status in the xml file. Please sample xml file below. Can you please help me create a simple script to get the value of status? Also it... (46 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
46 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!!! Shell script to parse data file.

I am faced with a :confused: tricky problem to parse a data file ( May not be a tricky problem to the scripting guru's ). Here is what I am faced with. I have a file with multiple rows of data and the rows are not of fixed length. "|" is used as a delimiters for individual columns and each row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse a line and insert a word

Hi All, I have a file like this, data1,data2,,,data5,data6. i want to write a shell script to replace data3 with "/example/string". which means my data file should look like this . data1,data2,example/string],,data5,data6. Could you guys help me to get a sed command or any other command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file in shell script

Hi Everybody, I have an XML file containing some data and i want to extract it, but the specific issue in my file is that the data is repeated some times like the following example : <section1> <subsection1> X=... Y=... Z=... <\subsection1> <subsection2> X=... Y=... Z=...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script to parse file

Raw Results: results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|general/udp|10287|Security Note|For your information, here is the traceroute from 192.168.2.24 to 192.168.2.1 : \n192.168.2.24\n192.168.2.1\n\n results|192.168.2|192.168.2.1|ssh (22/tcp)|22964|Security Note|An SSH server is running on this port.\n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to parse apache httpd line

Hello, I have serveral SUN Web servers that need to write a KSH to figure out where Apache is installed and, tar up the directory (for backup purposes) once a month. The trick is that Apache is not installed in same location. So when I do "ps -ef| grep httpd" it shows on some boxes from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to parse csv file with shell script

Hello ! I am very aware that this is not the first time this question is asked here, because I have already read a lot of previous answers, but none of them worked, so... As said in the title, I want to read a csv file with a bash script. Here is a sample of the file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grhyll
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script to parse string and return multi-line file

Hello all, I have been asked to exercise my shell scripting and it has been 10 plus years since I used to do it so I can not remember hardly anything and ask for your help. What I need to do is copy a line out of a file that can be 10 to 100 characters long, I then need to parse this line into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alivadoro
3 Replies
spline(1)							   User Commands							 spline(1)

NAME
spline - interpolate smooth curve SYNOPSIS
spline [-aknpx] ... DESCRIPTION
spline takes pairs of numbers from the standard input as abcissas and ordinates of a function. It produces a similar set, which is approxi- mately equally spaced and includes the input set, on the standard output. The cubic spline output (R. W. Hamming, Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers,2nd ed., 349ff) has two continuous derivatives, and sufficiently many points to look smooth when plotted, for example by graph(1). OPTIONS
-a Supply abscissas automatically (they are missing from the input); spacing is given by the next argument, or is assumed to be 1 if next argument is not a number. -k The constant k used in the boundary value computation (2nd deriv. at end) = k*(2nd deriv. next to end) is set by the next argument. By default k = 0. -n Space output points so that approximately n intervals occur between the lower and upper x limits. (Default n = 100.) -p Make output periodic, that is, match derivatives at ends. First and last input values should normally agree. -x Next 1 (or 2) arguments are lower (and upper) x limits. Normally these limits are calculated from the data. Automatic abcissas start at lower limit (default 0). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
graph(1), attributes(5) R. W. Hamming, Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers, 2nd ed. DIAGNOSTICS
When data is not strictly monotonic in x, spline reproduces the input without interpolating extra points. BUGS
A limit of 1000 input points is enforced silently. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 spline(1)