Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search and replace text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and replace text Post 302460094 by michaelrozar17 on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 04:38:41 AM
Old 10-06-2010
dragon.1431's sed command is working in my linux box. Anyway pls try the below code..

Code:
sed 's/value #\([0-9][0-9]*\):/value #\1#/g' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace a text in a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to search data between strings 'SELECT' and ';' and replace this text as "SELECT.....;" so that i can export this extracted string into a excel cell. Please suggest on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text in many files

Hello, I am very new to Linux and am trying to find a way for following problem. I have a number of files in a folder as Export000.dat, Export001.dat ..and so on. Each file has a string field 'Absolute velocity'. I want it to be replaced by 'Pixel shift' in all the files. I tried something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag.joshi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword search/replace for two text files?

What is the best way (bash/awk/sed?) to read in two text files and do a keyword search/replace? file1.txt: San Francisco Los Angeles Seattle Dallas file2.txt: I love Los Angeles. Coming to Dallas was the right choice. San Francisco is fun. Go to Seattle in the summer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text and replace

i am having text file below System will display value URGENT and proceed System will display value URGENT and proceed System will display value URGENT and proceed .................................................................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and replace line next to it

I have a file which requires modification via a shell script. Need to do the following: 0. take input from user for new text. 1. search for a keyword in the file. 2. replace the line next to this to this keyword with user supplied input. for e.g., my file has the following text: (some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chingupt
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)