Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I create a CSV file from PL/Sql in UNIX? Post 302460056 by clx on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 02:45:49 AM
Old 10-06-2010
I assume you have a query and you want its output as csv.
try something like,

Code:
## create sql file
echo "
SET NEWPAGE 0
SET SPACE 0
SET LINESIZE 320
SET PAGESIZE 0
SET ECHO OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET HEADING OFF
set TERM OFF
spool output.csv
select COL1 ||','||COL2||','||COL3 from TABLE1;
SPOOL OFF;
QUIT
" > file.sql

# connecting to database a execute the sql file
sqlplus $user/$passwd@$sid @file.sql

This is not tested. so please run for sample data first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create directories from a sql file?

Hi, I have a sql file which has CREATE and INSERT commands in it. Basically, inside this file, a table will be created and the data will be inserted into the table. I was wondering if there is a way for me to create directories from this file? Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tezarin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help. How to create csv file?

Hi I'm a beginner and I have some problem. I have multiple files in the same directory which has one column but rows following the format. File: directory/Disk.txt Content: a b c d e File: directory/Memory.txt a b c d e File: directory/CPU.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenuie
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rediecting the sql o/p to same csv file

Hi, I have output of two sql queries in solaris server. I need to append the data of two queries one by one in a same csv file using a shell script. Can anyone help me to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)