Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with rewrite rule
Top Forums Web Development Need help with rewrite rule Post 302459957 by BSrikanthB on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 05:05:49 PM
Old 10-05-2010
Need help with rewrite rule

Hi,

I hosted my site on Apache web server.
I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page).
I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html

The maintenance.html page contains an image.
When ever I try to access my site(during maintenance),I am being redirected to the maintenance.html page.But, I am unable to see the image.
Any help would be grateful.....

Thanks,
Srikanth Bodakunta

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep help, how do i rewrite this

Thanks , franklin you method worked, i knew i had to use a while loop and getline in there just didnt know the proper order :) Hi everyone, im trying to make the following command line shorter by introducing a script that join up all the grep commands ./new1a < numbers.txt | grep -i -v '^a '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weezybaby
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

4. Web Development

.htaccess Rewrite Rule

Hello All, I have been asked to create a .htaccess redirect. I have never attempted to work with one of these files. We have a pretty vanilla LAMP setup using rhel4 apache1.3 and php4.2.3. I was instructed to place the .htaccess file in the document root of the site and and to attempt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache rewrite rule help needed

Hi All, I want to redirect from http://localhost/abc/xyz/def?cc=dk&lc=da to http://localhost/abc/mnc/pdf?cc=dk&lc=da. Please suggest a rewrite rule. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] htaccess rewrite rule help!

hi there, I need that when user input mysite.com/ponuka/AAA2869 it shows mysite.com/ukaz.php?ponuka=AAA2869 because of facebook likes, and I found out that this is set up as rewrite rule in .htaccess file? how to achieve it? thank you... :confused: ---------- Post updated at 04:47... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Rewrite Rule looping error

Hi, I have a domain "test.example.com" and i wanted to redirect only request like "test.example.com /index.html" to "test.example.com/index.html?NEW=1". Please note that a extra string "?NEW=1" added at the end of the URL. So Request for http://test.example.com/index.html REDIRECTS TO... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
12 Replies

8. Web Development

ReWrite rule giving a hard time.

Hi all, I am trying to find a rewrite rule that can help me with the following situation. So I am currently on a page which has a URL: http://www.test.mobile.com/#!/shop/phones/max-plus/features/ Now when I hover over a certain link, I can see that it will goto: <a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies
INTRO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  INTRO(8)

NAME
intro -- introduction to system maintenance procedures and commands DESCRIPTION
This section contains information related to system operation and maintenance. It describes commands used to create new file systems (newfs(8)), verify the integrity of the file systems (fsck(8)), control disk usage (edquota(8)), maintain system backups (dump(8)), and recover files when disks die an untimely death (restore(8)). Network related services like inetd(8) and ftpd(8) are also described. All commands set an exit status. Its value may be tested to see if the command completed normally. Unless otherwise noted (rare), the value 0 signifies successful completion of the command, while a value >0 indicates an error. Some commands attempt to describe the nature of the failure by using error codes defined in sysexits(3), or set the status to arbitrary values >0 (typically 1), but many such values are not described in the manual. A number of pages in this section describe general system management topics. For example, the boot(8) manual page describes the system bootstrapping procedures, and the diskless(8) manual page describes how to boot a system over a network. The crash(8) manual page should be consulted to understand how to interpret system crash dumps. HISTORY
The intro section manual page appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
October 22, 2006 BSD