Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Data Cleaning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AWK Data Cleaning Post 302459451 by carmar87 on Monday 4th of October 2010 04:59:08 PM
Old 10-04-2010
Thank you for your help! I adjusted the code slightly, but for some reason I am not getting a lapse in the counter due to blinks and saccades.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

doing some spring cleaning....

USERS="me you jim joe sue" for user in ${USERS}; do rmuser -p $user usrdir=`cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` rm -fr `cat /etc/passwd|grep $user|awk -F":" '{ print $6 }'` echo Deleting: $user '\t' REMOVING: $usrdir done This is for AIX ONLY!!! but easily ported to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Cleaning in a file

Hi , I have the below source data, I need to clean the data in 2nd,4th,5th columns. Source Data RECORD,CASH_TRANS,BEJING,AUG2011/CASH_TRANS,Y/N150/CASH_TRANS,N/201108 RECORD,CASH_TRANS,INDIA,AUG2011/CASH_TRANS,Y/NC110/CASH_TRANS,N/201108... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File cleaning

HI , I am getting the source data as below. Source Data CDR_Data,,,,, F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 5,5,6,7,8,7 6,6,g,,, 7,7,76,,, 8,8,gt,,, 9,9,df ,d,d,d ,,,,, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cleaning the file

Hi, I have a file with multiple rows. each row has 8 columns. Column 8 has entries separated by commas. I want to exclude all the rows in which column 8 has more than 3 commas. 1234#0/1 - ABC_1234 3 ATGCATGCATGC HHHIIIGIHVF 1 49:T>C,60:T>C,78:C>A,76:G>T,65:T>G Thanks, Diya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning AWK code

Hi I need some help to clean my code used to get city location. wget -q -O - http://www.ip2location.com/ | grep chkRegionCity | awk 'END { print }' | awk -F"" '{print $4}' It gives me the city but have a leading space. I am sure this could all be done by one single AWK Also if possible... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning output using awk

I have some small problem with my code. data.html <TD class="statuscol2">c</TD> <TD class="statuscol3">18</TD> <TD class="statuscol4"><SPAN TITLE="#04">test4</SPAN></TD> <TD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning through perl or awk a Stemmer dictionary

Hello, I work under Windows Vista and I am compiling an open-source stemmer dictionary for English and eventually for other Indian languages. The Engine which I have written has spewed out all lemmatised/expanded forms of the words: Nouns, Adjectives, Adverbs etc. Each set of expanded forms is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
CounterFile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  CounterFile(3pm)

NAME
File::CounterFile - Persistent counter class SYNOPSIS
use File::CounterFile; $c = File::CounterFile->new("COUNTER", "aa00"); $id = $c->inc; open(F, ">F$id"); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a persistent counter class. Each counter is represented by a separate file in the file system. File locking is applied, so multiple processes can attempt to access a counter simultaneously without risk of counter destruction. You give the file name as the first parameter to the object constructor ("new"). The file is created if it does not exist. If the file name does not start with "/" or ".", then it is interpreted as a file relative to $File::CounterFile::DEFAULT_DIR. The default value for this variable is initialized from the environment variable "TMPDIR", or /usr/tmp if no environment variable is defined. You may want to assign a different value to this variable before creating counters. If you pass a second parameter to the constructor, it sets the initial value for a new counter. This parameter only takes effect when the file is created (i.e. it does not exist before the call). When you call the "inc()" method, you increment the counter value by one. When you call "dec()", the counter value is decremented. In both cases the new value is returned. The "dec()" method only works for numerical counters (digits only). You can peek at the value of the counter (without incrementing it) by using the "value()" method. The counter can be locked and unlocked with the "lock()" and "unlock()" methods. Incrementing and value retrieval are faster when the counter is locked, because we do not have to update the counter file all the time. You can query whether the counter is locked with the "locked()" method. There is also an operator overloading interface to the File::CounterFile object. This means that you can use the "++" operator for incrementing and the "--" operator for decrementing the counter, and you can interpolate counters directly into strings. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-1998,2002,2003 Gisle Aas. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.10.0 2004-01-23 CounterFile(3pm)