Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing back the OBP from the RSC Post 302459422 by Robinthehood on Monday 4th of October 2010 03:41:47 PM
Old 10-04-2010
Hi Chris,
No I didn't change the input-device to keyboard or change out-put to screen, wasn't told to do this. I was infact told that I didn't need to do that since I was changing the settings from the eeprom terminal.
So now I'm not sure what I can do to resolve this problem.

Cheers
Arjay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSC question?

Has anyone had a message after attempting a telnet to an RSC server of: "Console session already in use." I'm attempting to access this server to setup a user account, and I'm having some problems. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion on how to proceed? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr-synapse
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OBP search...

Hello experts... In OBP(OK prompt)... How can i know whole command if i know part of a command? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Solaris

RSC configuration

Hi All, Please send the configuration for RSC in solaris. Thanks and Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

5. Solaris

RSC Configuaration

Dear All, Can any body help me how to configure the RSC in solaris9. Thanks and Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun 8 +RSC

Hi All I have done a reboot for SUN Solaris 8 ( model SUNFIRE 280R) but i havent got the OK prompt i only got the following: RSC2 POST - Version 10-18-2000 0.7 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alaa75
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to RSC

Hi All, ;) I have configured rsc hosted on Sun-Fire-V490. But I am not able to telnet this machine Packages installed : #pkginfo -l | grep SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrscd PKGINST: SUNWrscj I rebooted system but still I' not able to take rsc. I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
3 Replies

8. Solaris

RSC packages?

Does anyone know where to get these on Oracle's support site or elsewhere? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with OBP.

Hi Gurus, I am totally confused :wall: . I have some questions regarding OBP,EEPROMand NVRAM, BIOS. What actually are these how do they function and interact on a Sparc based solaris system. What is ok> ? What is system Firmware ? How does the system startup? Trying to google... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
8 Replies

10. Solaris

RSC vulneabilities

I have a disk failure in a V280, the support tech asked for explorer output and rsc information sc>showsc rsc>environment rsc>loghistory rsc>consolehistory rsc>version -v since RSC is not a secure connection, I am not comfortable with providing this information for a disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baumer11
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)