Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing back the OBP from the RSC Post 302459422 by Robinthehood on Monday 4th of October 2010 03:41:47 PM
Old 10-04-2010
Hi Chris,
No I didn't change the input-device to keyboard or change out-put to screen, wasn't told to do this. I was infact told that I didn't need to do that since I was changing the settings from the eeprom terminal.
So now I'm not sure what I can do to resolve this problem.

Cheers
Arjay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSC question?

Has anyone had a message after attempting a telnet to an RSC server of: "Console session already in use." I'm attempting to access this server to setup a user account, and I'm having some problems. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion on how to proceed? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr-synapse
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OBP search...

Hello experts... In OBP(OK prompt)... How can i know whole command if i know part of a command? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

4. Solaris

RSC configuration

Hi All, Please send the configuration for RSC in solaris. Thanks and Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

5. Solaris

RSC Configuaration

Dear All, Can any body help me how to configure the RSC in solaris9. Thanks and Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun 8 +RSC

Hi All I have done a reboot for SUN Solaris 8 ( model SUNFIRE 280R) but i havent got the OK prompt i only got the following: RSC2 POST - Version 10-18-2000 0.7 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alaa75
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to RSC

Hi All, ;) I have configured rsc hosted on Sun-Fire-V490. But I am not able to telnet this machine Packages installed : #pkginfo -l | grep SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrsc PKGINST: SUNWrscd PKGINST: SUNWrscj I rebooted system but still I' not able to take rsc. I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxian
3 Replies

8. Solaris

RSC packages?

Does anyone know where to get these on Oracle's support site or elsewhere? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with OBP.

Hi Gurus, I am totally confused :wall: . I have some questions regarding OBP,EEPROMand NVRAM, BIOS. What actually are these how do they function and interact on a Sparc based solaris system. What is ok> ? What is system Firmware ? How does the system startup? Trying to google... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
8 Replies

10. Solaris

RSC vulneabilities

I have a disk failure in a V280, the support tech asked for explorer output and rsc information sc>showsc rsc>environment rsc>loghistory rsc>consolehistory rsc>version -v since RSC is not a secure connection, I am not comfortable with providing this information for a disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baumer11
2 Replies
XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)											       XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)

NAME
XChangeKeyboardDevice - change which device is used as the X keyboard SYNOPSIS
Status XChangeKeyboardDevice(display, device) Display *display; XDevice *device; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the device to be used as the X keyboard. DESCRIPTION
The XChangeKeyboardDevice request causes the server to use the specified device as the X keyboard. The device must have been previously opened by the requesting client via XOpenDevice or a BadDevice error will result. The device must support input class Keys, or a BadMatch error will result. If the server implementation does not support using the requested device as the X keyboard, a BadDevice error will result. If the specified device is grabbed by another client, AlreadyGrabbed is returned. If the specified device is frozen by a grab on another device, GrabFrozen is returned. If the request is successful, Success is returned. If the request succeeds, a ChangeDeviceNotify event is sent to all clients that have selected that event. A MappingNotify event with request = MappingKeyboard is sent to all clients. The specified device becomes the X keyboard and the old X keyboard becomes accessible through the input extension protocol requests. XChangeKeyboardDevice can generate a BadDevice or a BadMatch error. DIAGNOSTICS
An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist, has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice, or is already one of the core X device (pointer or keyboard). This error may also occur if the server implementation does not support using the specified device as the X keyboard. This error may occur if an XChangeKeyboardDevice request was made specifying a device that has no keys. SEE ALSO
XChangePointerDevice(3X11) Programming With Xlib XChangeKeyboardDevice(3X11)