Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying Result to a Text File Post 302459203 by jlliagre on Monday 4th of October 2010 05:19:31 AM
Old 10-04-2010
Please define "doesnot work".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

I am having issue dispalying text file in browser using perl. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl print "content-type: text/html \n\n"; open (FH , "access.log") || die "Blah $!"; while (<FH>) { print $_ ; } I have correct permissions and everything. The weired thing is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

Don't know why this didn't get posted before but... I am having issues displaying a log file in the browser using perl and I can't get it to display at all, All i get is WHITE (blank page). I have proper permissions in my cgi-bin directory and everywhere else. So I know that's NOT the issue. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Text

Hi guys! I am very much new to UNIX...and I was just wondering on how you would display this text format in UNIX with only just one command : Text 1 Text 2 Text 3 Texts are in aligned vertically in such format...Thanks for your help :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knowledge_Xfer
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I append a text at end of file after displaying the file

I have a file "sample.txt" with the content as below: Hi This is a Sample Text. I need a single command using cat which serve the following purpose. 1.display the contents of sample.txt 2.append some text to it 3. and then exit But, all should be served by a sinle command.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text in Result File Name

Hi Below command is returning the list of files which having this string "MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS". find . -name "*"|xargs grep -il MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS Ex: Above command is returing 2 files (Out of 10 files 2 files having this string). ./file1.txt and ./file2.txt Here I want to append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output thre result to a text file?

Dear All I have a script file like the following: ..... ..... Variable_1 = 888 Variable_2 = 999 ..... MyExternalProgram Myfile ..... The line MyExternalProgram Myfile will generate some number, Say 777 Now I hope I can output the result of above codes to a text file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit multiple URL from a text file and store result in other test file

Hi, I have a problem where i have to hit multiple URL that are stored in a text file (input.txt) and save their output in different text file (output.txt) somewhat like : cat input.txt http://192.168.21.20:8080/PPUPS/international?NUmber=917875446856... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average result of text file

Hi all I have created a script to allow me to gain a number of file times and how long they take to execute. I have been asked to get the average time for the log. The log will update every 5 minutes and never be empty. 141 152 157 161 168 169 171 179 202 207 229 651 666 714... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)