Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable comparison in 'if' with a string. Post 302459193 by Franklin52 on Monday 4th of October 2010 04:46:31 AM
Old 10-04-2010
Try:
Code:
for var in $packsName
do 
  if [ "$var" != "ABC" -a "$var" != "XYZ" ]
  then
    echo $var
  fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string comparison

Hello experts, (tcsh shell) Quite new to shell scripting... I have got a file with a single word on each line. Want to be able to make a comparison such that i can read pairs of words that are ROT13 to each other. Also, i would like to print the pairs to another file. Any help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jatsui
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String Comparison

I'm running the following script to compare string values to a regexp: for entry in $(lpinfo -v | cut -c 1-); do if then echo "blah" continue fi done Whenever I run it, each token of lpinfo is being interpreted as a command and I get errors such as: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable comparison

Hello, I am trying to compare two variables, which both have a word stored in it. The code I am using is. Please tell me which one of these is correct.Or please tell me the correct syntax. Thankyou if then if then if then if then if then None of them seems to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison

Hi, I have the below logic. Here 'X' is a variable having some string. if then echo "i dont need to go to ofc" else echo "i need to go to ofc" Please help me to write it in unix. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need Help on String Comparison

Hi , My requirement is to read from a file into a variable. I need to check if the variable is equal to string "no rows selected". The sh script snippet is as follows: file=/data/lpgtwo/home/nikhilp/TriggerNames.txt echo $file var=`cat $file` echo $var if then echo "No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MNG
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable comparison

Can anyone help me with this section of code? The scenario is a value drops from A to B or A to C or B to C. If it drops from A to B or B to C, we print "Drop one level" If it drops from A to C, we print "Dropped two levels". The problem is script is throwing error when comparing variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string comparison

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf MACHINE_NAME=`uname -n` TIME=`date +"%H"` $PRINTF "Welcome to $MACHINE_NAME. What is your name?\n" read NAME if ; then $PRINTF "Good morning $NAME, how are you?\n" elif ; then $PRINTF "Good afternoon $NAME, how are you?\n" else $PRINTF "Good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies
MODLOAD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						MODLOAD(8)

NAME
modload -- load a kernel module SYNOPSIS
modload [-fP] [-b var=boolean] [-i var=integer] [-s var=string] module modload -p [-b var=boolean] [-d var] [-i var=integer] [-m plist] [-s var=string] DESCRIPTION
The modload utility loads a kernel module specified by the module parameter into the running system. Modules are loaded from the default system module areas unless the module parameter contains a path separator character ('/'). The options to modload are as follows: -b var=boolean Pass the module a boolean property with the name var. boolean may be either true or false. -d var When used in conjuction with -m, delete var from the plist specified. -f When a module is loaded, the kernel checks if the module is compatible with the running kernel and will refuse to load mod- ules that are potentially incompatible. This option disables compatibility checks. Note: an incompatible module can cause system instability, including data loss or corruption. This option is also required for re-enabling a builtin module that was disabled using modunload(8). -i var=integer Pass the module an integer property with the name var and integral value integer. -m plist When used in conjuction with -p, merge new options with an existing property list contained in plist. -P This option tells the kernel not to load an associated property list. -p Output a property list suitable for loading along with a module. When using this option, you do not need to specify a mod- ule. Use -m and -d to read and modify an existing property list. -s var=string Pass the module a string property with the name var and string value string. DIAGNOSTICS
The modload utility exits with a status of 0 on success and with a nonzero status if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
module(7), modstat(8), modunload(8) HISTORY
The modload command was designed to be similar in functionality to the corresponding command in SunOS 4.1.3. BSD
August 6, 2011 BSD