Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compilation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compilation Post 302459109 by bartus11 on Sunday 3rd of October 2010 05:17:59 PM
Old 10-03-2010
Why would you need to compile shell script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel compilation

I have re-compiled kernel source code available in /usr/src/linux.2.4.20 with "make" command. The compilation is succesful. Now the problem is create the image for this. The documentation in the same folder says that now you have compile "make image". There is no option for image in Makefile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mankrish
3 Replies

2. Solaris

compilation problem

I am compiling a software named wine When i run make then at the end following error generated. DVAPI32_ -foversion.res version.rc ld.so.1: ../../tools/wrc/wrc: fatal: relocation error: file ../../tools/wrc/wrc: symbol wine_casemap_upper: referenced symbol not found *** Signal 9 make:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
0 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

4. Programming

compilation problem

i have a class name 1.c in tht i am using function n wich has his body in 2.c and declaration in 2.h now how can i compile 1.c. ex; 1.c int main() { //some data n(10); //somedata } ***** 2.c int n(int k) { //some data } int main() { some data (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

5. Programming

c compilation process

What is symbol table? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rangaswamy
1 Replies

6. Linux

c++ compilation error

Hello every one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ module using gcc.it is throwing a error . error: ==== > make -S dummyCHARGP /usr/local/bin/gcc -g -DDEBUG -DMAT -I. -I/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/lib/Linux/ -I/opt/dce/include -I/opt/dce/include/dce ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation

Hi All, We have a C program existing in one of the folders which I have to modify a lil bit, When I'm trying to compile the program using GCC or CC command its showing as ksh: gcc: not found is that mean there is no compiler or do I have to verify for something, please advice Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diggermf
2 Replies

8. Programming

C Compilation problem

Dear all I am new to C programming In response to the post cat get_time.c #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> main() { struct timeval tv; struct timezone tz; struct tm *tm; gettimeofday(&tv, &tz); tm=localtime(&tv.tv_sec); printf("... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in compilation.

Hi, I am executing the below mentioned code:- proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS iname=CDBInteractor.pc parse=none code=cpp cpp_suffix=cpp g++ -c main.cpp g++ -o pre_request_engine main.o -I/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/precomp -L/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/lib32 -lnsl -ldl And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
2 Replies

10. AIX

VIM compilation

Hi, I tried to compile vim on AIX OS. I tried all version from 6.4 to 7.2 and the effect is the same. ./configuration --prefix=/home/me OK make The make try to compile first file buffer.c ane it gived me message like this gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom.aviva
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD