Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with find | ls within a for statement Post 302458897 by ldapswandog on Saturday 2nd of October 2010 11:40:08 AM
Old 10-02-2010
To get each line separately you need to 'read' each line from the variable
Code:
for dir in "`find ./ -type d`";do
  echo "$dir" | while read line; do
    echo "Found: $line ,yeah!"
  done
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement problems...need some help.

Hey all. I have written a script to clear all of the context records from our scanning guns. The problem is, whenever I run the script, it just freezes and does nothing. I'm not getting any errors so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. Here is the script... #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalge2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/if statement not working

Hi guys: I am trying to delete multiple files in a folder with different names. Below is the script that I was trying, but it doesn't work ************************** #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date '+20%y%m%d'` DEL_DIR=<dir where files have to be deleted> let DATE2=$(($DATE - 2)) let DATE1=$(($DATE... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find statement

for FNAME in `find /unixs/apps/sqr/ -type f -exec grep -il unixs {} \;`; do C=`grep -c unixs ${FNAME}`; echo "${C}:${FNAME}" >> /unixs/apps/cibcur01.txt; done I have this statement but I only want to look for my string in file types .sql, .KSH,.sh files. How can I accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo statement when find returns null

Hi, How do you echo something once when a find statement returns null results? This is when using mutiple locations and mutiple arguments. The below find command the inner loop of a nested for loop where the outter loop holds the $args and the inner loop holds the locations. find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tchoruma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to find match from multiple string if statement

I'm trying to create what (should be) a simple bash script that will pull computer name and use that info to bind to one of three servers. Is there any way to do this without having a text file with the names of the servers and associated computer names? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobsbigbro1
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Statement to find if an entry exists in a file

I need to check if an entry input by the user is in a file. If so, I need to run a command, and if it does not exist then it should output entry does not exist. So I have so far... echo "Enter record:" read record //command || //command Can I use an if statement to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itech4814
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Find Conditions in IF Statement - UNIX

When I try the below if Condition with single condition its working fine. But when I try to Club both its working . But giving wrong results. In my case cond1 = -f ${filename1} = true cond2 = -f ${filename2} = true But Cond1 & Cond2 is resulting in False ??? Please advise ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Reddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with an if statement

Hey guys/gals, I am feeling extremely rusty today and having a problem with a monitoring script I am writing. I am trying to write a monitor using a entry in a line in log file. I can get the entry extracted from the file to a temp file. But when I try and do the if statement for the greater... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with if statement

Hi guys..i'm totally new to linux shell scripting and i have written a simple script that allows to poll a directory and when there is at least one file, it is moved to another directory. But i have an error in the if statement " Syntax error: "then" unexpected (expecting "done")" #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrifoneSeduto
2 Replies
Apache2::Build(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache2::Build(3)

NAME
Apache2::Build - Methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code SYNOPSIS
use Apache2::Build (); my $build = Apache2::Build->new; # rebuild mod_perl with build opts from the previous build % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for locating and parsing bits of Apache source code. Since mod_perl remembers what build options were used to build it, you can use this knowledge to rebuild it using the same options. Simply chdir to the mod_perl source directory and run: % cd modperl-2.0 % perl -MApache2::Build -e rebuild If you want to rebuild not yet installed, but already built mod_perl, run from its root directory: % perl -Ilib -MApache2::Build -e rebuild METHODS
new Create an object blessed into the Apache2::Build class. my $build = Apache2::Build->new; dir Top level directory where source files are located. my $dir = $build->dir; -d $dir or die "can't stat $dir $! "; find Searches for apache source directories, return a list of those found. Example: for my $dir ($build->find) { my $yn = prompt "Configure with $dir ?", "y"; ... } inc Print include paths for MakeMaker's INC argument to "WriteMakefile". Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, ); module_magic_number Return the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER defined in the apache source. Example: my $mmn = $build->module_magic_number; httpd_version Return the server version. Example: my $v = $build->httpd_version; otherldflags Return other ld flags for MakeMaker's dynamic_lib argument to "WriteMakefile". This might be needed on systems like AIX that need special flags to the linker to be able to reference mod_perl or httpd symbols. Example: use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use Apache2::Build (); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Apache2::Module', 'VERSION' => '0.01', 'INC' => Apache2::Build->new->inc, 'dynamic_lib' => { 'OTHERLDFLAGS' => Apache2::Build->new->otherldflags, }, ); AUTHOR
Doug MacEachern perl v5.12.1 2008-03-10 Apache2::Build(3)