Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to indent the file lines using vi? Post 302458810 by jlliagre on Saturday 2nd of October 2010 12:25:22 AM
Old 10-02-2010
To indent the next five lines, you can use this command.
Code:
5>>

The number of characters to be used is set with the shift-width parameter. eg:
Code:
:set sw=4

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto indent in vi

Hi, I use vi for my text editing. Is there a way to use smart indentation? that is when adding a '{' or '}' that the editor will jump and advance, or any other thing like that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim indent

I know this is not a unix question but I also know that many of you use vim editor every day. So hoping to get some help, here it goes: How can I change my vim config file so that the indentations while c programming take 4 spaces instead of 8? I want the change to apply any further uses of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuosso
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[non-important] Indent here-docs?

I recently coded a typical ftp script looking like ftp -n $hostname << user $user $pass <commands..> quit ! I know the code fails when you try to indent it like: ftp $hostname << user $user $pass <commands..> quit ! Just for the sake of neat code, is there a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi auto indent whole file at once

Hi, I'm working on a big project and all the CPP and header files are in mess with respect to indentation. I would like to indent whole file(s) at once (like ctrl-shift-f in eclipse). Is there anybody who knows how to do that in vi/vim? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines where there's no indent on the first field

Hi All, I need a code to print those lines where there's NO indents on the 1st field Example shown below. I tried to use the below codes but i am not able to see the expected result. Can any expert give any advise ? My Code cat filename| awk '$1 ~ /^+$/ {print $0}' Input 1199 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gvim: how to set new indent to a file (tabsize)

Hi, I'm working with gvim, and opened an old file for editing. the file 'older' indents are diffrent from the current and I wish to set the file to cahnge the whole file to the new indenting setting at once. How can it be done? thnx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvs_eng
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to indent file outout

i have a file that contains information such as this: hostname.sky.net === 12.39.59.35 hostname.sky.net === 12.39.59.35 hostname.sky.net === 12.39.59.35 hostname-newyork.sky.net ==== 13.45.35.24 hostname-newyork.sky.net ==== 13.45.35.24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python indent - how do you do it?

A space, a tab? Just currious what, why, you indent in x way? Fwiw, I use vi, so kind'a currious how you vi folks approach indentation when writing code (eg python). Disclosure, I'm just learning python and have never seen a language use indentation so formally (I like it too:) ). I just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse excel with indent

hello everyone how to parse excel file with indents ? i was trying perl and there is Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Format but i have no idea how to make it work docs says $format->{Indent} but it's not working also i was trying xls2csv and xlhtml but they don't care about indents at all :( i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tip78
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)