Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check file system size Post 302458002 by xxmasrawy on Wednesday 29th of September 2010 09:55:11 AM
Old 09-29-2010
Script to check file system size

Dears,
the output of this command
Code:
df -h | tr -s ' ' | cut -f5 -d' '

is
Code:
capacity
24%
0%
0%
0%
0%
1%
0%
24%
24%
0%
93%
1%
1%
10%
6%
60%
1%
19%
22%
10%
10%
48%
3%

what i want to do put this out put in if condition there it find 90% send mail to xxx@hotmail.com or something like that

Last edited by zaxxon; 09-29-2010 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Rephrasing subject, was a bit unclear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to check whether particular file exists and to find its size

I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory and i wnt to zip it. In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Delete temp files and check file system

Hi all, new to the threads as well as Unix/Linux. I need to create a script that will delete any temporary files as well as check the files on the system for errors or corruption. This is what I have so far and I'm sure that I'm missing things or have the wrong commands. I'm not sure where to go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bwood1377
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File System Check using shell script !!!

Hi Guys I m posing this new thread as I didnt get satisfactory result after running search here. My requirement is very simple (using shell script) I need to findout what all file systems are mounted -> Then I need check the health of that file system - by disk usage & by doing a simple... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to check file size greater than 50M

Hi All, OS:AIX 64 bits using korn shell. Requirement: shell script to check file size greater than 50M and send mail alert. Thanks for your time! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Check the file size using Batch script in windows

Hi, I need to check the file size using a batch script. Pls advise. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to check file date and size

Hi guys, i am new to perl. I started reading the perl documents and try to come up with some logic. I am trying to create a script that would go into a location, search for todays files, then searches for all .txt files from today. If todays not found, its an error If file size is less... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to check /var file system

deleting (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Script to fill the file system mount with empty files to desired size

We are regularly using for our testing, where we are manually filling up the mount with desired size with following command dd if=/dev/zero of=file_2GB bs=2048000 count=2000 We are planning to automate the task where taking input for % of size as one input and the name of the file system... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for file size and then sftp

noted down (44 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
44 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)