Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting keys of a hash in perl Post 302457918 by niteesh_!7 on Wednesday 29th of September 2010 05:16:35 AM
Old 09-29-2010
Sorting keys of a hash in perl

hi all,

i have a small problem regarding sorting the keys in a hash.

Code:

my %hash;
for($i=0;$i<19;$i++)
{
    $hash{$i}=$i;
 }

foreach $c (sort keys %hash)
{
    print "\n $hash{$c}";
}

output is:

---------- Post updated at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:14 AM ----------

but i want it to be in numerical order...can someone help me on this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set dynamically keys names in perl %hash

hello I have loop , in this loop im picking names , this names I want to be keys in %hash but I don't know how to set in every loop entertain different key in the %hash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting with multiple numeric keys

Data I want to sort :- 1 10 jj Y 2 100 vv B 19 5 jj A 1 11 hq D 3 8 op X 44 78 ds GG 1 8 hq D and want to sort based on the first 2 columns - which hold numeric values. Am using : cat filename | sort -nk 1,2 But the result is :- 1 10 jj Y 1 11 hq D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Any quick way to use regex on hash keys?

Hi, Is there any quick way to use pull out keys that match a specific regex pattern? eg %hash ; $hash(123,456) = xxx; $hash(123,457) = xxx; $hash(123,458) = xxx; $hash(223,459) = xxx; I need a fast way to get all the keys that start with 123.. Meaning I should get ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?

Hi, I have a datahash with 'n' number of values in perl script. I am writing a xml file from the datahash. I am getting output with sorting(Field sorting). My question is that i don't want any default sorting.whatever i am inserting into datahash it should give same xml file. Any help? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

7. Programming

store information in hash and display number of keys.

I am trying to store this information (info and number) in hash. number is the key and info is value in a hash.i shown my code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use XML::LibXML::Reader; my $file;open $file, 'formal.xml'); my $reader =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting a hash value that is a list.

Hi Folks I am very much a newbie at perl but picking it up and I'm hoping you can help. I have a file input that details all the /etc/group files in our enterprise in the following format: "<host>:<group>:<gid>:<users>" I want to parse this data display it as the following:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_string
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting values of hash in ascending order using Perl

I want to sort values of a hash in ascending order. my %records; for my $value (sort values %records){print $value,"\n";} When I use the above code I get values in this order: 1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. But, I need values in my output in this order: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. Can Someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koneru_18
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies
Hash::Case::Upper(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Hash::Case::Upper(3pm)

NAME
Hash::Case::Upper - native hash with enforced lower cased keys INHERITANCE
Hash::Case::Upper is a Hash::Case is a Tie::StdHash SYNOPSIS
use Hash::Case::Upper; tie my(%uchash), 'Hash::Case::Upper'; $uchash{StraNGeKeY} = 3; print keys %uchash; # STRANGEKEY DESCRIPTION
Hash::Case::Upper extends Hash::Case, which lets you play various trics with hash keys. In this implementation, the fake hash is case insensitive and the keys stored in upper-case. METHODS
Constructors $obj->addHashData(HASH) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case $obj->addPairs(PAIRS) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case $obj->setHash(HASH) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case tie(HASH, 'Hash::Case::Upper', [VALUES,] OPTIONS) Define HASH to have only upper cased keys. The hash is initialized with the VALUES, specified as ref-array or ref-hash. Currently, there are no OPTIONS defined. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Hash-Case distribution version 1.02, built on March 09, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/hash-case/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2002-2003,2007-2012 by Mark Overmeer. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Hash::Case::Upper(3pm)