Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set up TTL on process
Operating Systems Solaris Set up TTL on process Post 302457555 by jlliagre on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 09:20:26 AM
Old 09-28-2010
I didn't wrote that would affect all processes, only the shell where you set it and its own children processes. Another clarification: the limit is per process, not shared.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TTL field???

Hi all, I wonder, how I can change Time To Live field for icmp packet in Redhat 7.1, kernel 2.4.2-2? I looked up in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 and did find this field in there. There should be a way to change TTL. If it's in header file, in which one? Thank you all :p (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

login error(can not set process env.)

I have created user in AIX 4.3.3 which the member of staff group. but during login ( with su command) it gives the error "can not set process environment " but when it is member of another group -dba -which is the group for oracle database- it works properly. Pls let me know the solution. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit
5 Replies

3. AIX

3004-505 Cannot set process environment

Guys I have an AIX 5.3 box.I am getting following messages if i try to switch to any non root user. bash-3.00# su - sys 3004-505 Cannot set process environment. bash-3.00# su - daemon 3004-505 Cannot set process environment. bash-3.00# su - adm 3004-505 Cannot set process environment.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

TTL for IP addr from DNS through C code

Hi All, I know that getaddrinfo() return the multiple IP addresses (if present) for a hostname. But, I want to know how to get the TTL value for this list from DNS. I want to get this TTL value and cache this IP address list for that much time and then again go for DNS resolution if TTL expires. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: softindia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get and process mysql result set in shell script

Hi All, I am in a problem here is the description, Actually in my shell script i am firing a mysql query which returns multiple records and i have to process each record one by one. So could any one please suggest me how to solve my problem? Thanks in Advance Ashok Sharma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1979
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

process fails if setuid bit is set

Hi, OS : Linux I have an executable (P1) owned by user say "abcd" and the setuid bit is set. And there is another executable (P2) which brings up the process (P1). When the setuid bit is set, the process P1 is failing, if the setuid bit is not set there is no issue. I was wondering if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Child killing parent process and how to set up SMF

Hello, A little background on what we are doing first. We are running several applications from a CLI, and not all of them are fully functional. They do on occasion core dump, not a problem. We are running a service that takes a screen scrape of those apps and displays them in a more user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bryan.Eidson
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set postgres process in monit file?

Dear Friends, I need to add the postgres process in monit file ( Debian machine ). How to add that process in monit?. If anyone know the solution for this, pls let me know. ---------- Post updated at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:21 PM ---------- I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rekha_sri
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Htop process viewer - set column width

I try to enlarge the htop column's width. I've found a solution, but it seems very specific and also too difficult. Is there any simpler way to make all the characters in a column visible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaidshirtuser
0 Replies
ptree(1)							   User Commands							  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user]... DESCRIPTION
The ptree utility prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective par- ent processes. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-ID, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all processes. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. FILES
/proc/* process files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. SEE ALSO
gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)