Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help me with customize script. Post 302457526 by vbe on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 08:14:35 AM
Old 09-28-2010
Maybe if you showed us the error message we could understand...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customize CDE

Dear Experts Could you please advise how can I customize my CDE. I am working with solaris 2.8. As an example I wish to have 3 open xterms after any login to my account also I want to define short keys and change my prompt. Please advise. Best Regards Reza (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

customize my prompt in bash

in csh I was using: set prompt=""$HOSTNAME".tk.\!> " to customize the look of my prompt. I have seen the light after reading the perils of csh scripting and wish to switch to bash. How do I customize my bash prompt??? I've tried many variation of the above w/no success, and searching this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Customize Solaris after default install

Hi, I want to hear some opinions about what you do after installing a basic Solaris8 on sparc. What customizations you do? What you tune? 1.Mirroring disks. 2. ..... 3. ..... etc Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I customize my login script?

Hi, I am realatively new to UNIX (I started 1 week ago), and I need some help on an assignment. I am trying to find the file that will allow me to modify my login. I did some research, and most of my sources tell me to modify the ~/.cshrc and ~/.login files. The problem is that I cannot find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
1 Replies

5. Solaris

customize dtlogin

Hello out there! I'm using dtlogin with my SunRay 2 and SunRay Server Software 4.0. Now I want to customize the look an funcionality of the dtlogin. e.g. disable the Options - Button or change the Helptext. Can anybody give me a hint where to find a good manual for dtlogin or which files I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blang
2 Replies

6. AIX

Customize Roles - HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to create a new custom role on HMC to manage only one LPAR and few activity on it (START,STOP,CONSOLE). It's possible create this custom role? If yes where i can read something about? Thanks in advance. Bye. Zio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to customize auditd.cron

Hello all, I'm trying to update auditd.cron to force rotate daily and gzip audit.log.1. I will probably then remove anything older that 3 months. The part I don't like about my script right now is the sleep command. It seems that the "/sbin/service auditd rotate" command must use a different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdlaforc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customize the Shell Script output

Hello guys. i wan to write an script to Customize this output: -------------------+--------------------+---------+--------- ias-component | process-type | pid | status -------------------+--------------------+---------+--------- DSA | DSA | ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customize the Shell Script output

Hello guys. about two weeks ago i had a question about customizing output and thanks to you guys i could solve it. now i have a similar question but this time its little complex. this is my output: -------------------+--------------------+---------+--------- ias-component | process-type ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
3 Replies