Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing a portion of Data from a text file Post 302457344 by kurumi on Monday 27th of September 2010 10:06:27 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Code:
$ ruby -ane 'num=$_.scan(/^.*\b(\d+)\.fasta/)[0] if  /Output/; print "#{num[0]} #{$F[3]}\n" if /SCORE/  ' file
100 0.6043
101 0.8360
103 0.8705

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data in a file

Hi, I have file (FILE.tmp) having contents, FILE.tmp ======== filename=menudata records=0000000000037 ldbname=pinsys timestamp=2005/05/14-18:32:33 I want to parse it bring a new file which will look like, filename records ldbname timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate a portion of text file into another file

Hi, I have my input as follows : I have given two entries- From system Mon Aug 1 23:52:47 2005 Source !100000006!: Impact !100000005!: High Status ! 7!: New Last Name+!100000001!: First Name+ !100000003!: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_ksv
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract a portion of text from a log file

I am using Unix on Mac OS X 10.5.6. I am trying to extract the last entry of a log (text) file. As seen below, each log entry looks like the following (date and time change with each log entry): I want the script to extract everything quoted above, including the "===" dividers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atilano
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a text portion from a file

Can some one help me with shell script to extract a text block between two known strings. The given input file is as below: Name: abs Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... end of text Name: xyz Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... Some tesxt.... end of text Name: efg Some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejazs0
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of a data file with identifier

Hi, I do have a TAB delimted text file with the following format. 1 (- identifier of each group. this text is not present in the file only number) 1 3 4 65 56 WERTF 2 3 4 56 56 GHTYHU 3 3 5 64 23 VMFKLG 2 1 3 4 65 56 DGTEYDH 2 3 4 56 56 FJJJCKC 3 3 5 64 23 FNNNCHD 3 1 3 4 65 56 JDHJDH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data and incorporating it into another file

Hi All I have two files: file 1 >AB_1 MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM IQQLKELLAGRPVDIPIYDYKKHTRSNTTFRQDPQDVIIVEGILVLEDERLRDLMDIKLFVDTDDDIRII RRIKRDMMERGRSLESIIDQYTSVVKPMYHQFIEPSKRYADIVIPEGVSNVVAIDVINSKIASILGEV >AB_2... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a portion of data in a file

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta Code: >AB_1 MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing chunks of text and finding data

Hi, I need a script that parses and greps data out of a textfile. I have a text file that has this structure: File1 host1.localdomain text random text Found errors this text is random (41123) --- random random at.5165 ---- random random at.5165 ---- random random at.5165 ----... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file data

Hey Guys, I'm a novice at shell scripts and i need some help parsing file data. Basically, I want to write a script that retrieves URLs. Here is what I have so far. #!/bin/bash echo "Please enter start date (format: yyyy-mm-dd):\c" read STARTDATE echo "Please enter end date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverdust
7 Replies
RUBY-PROF(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RUBY-PROF(1)

NAME
ruby-prof - A fast ruby profiler SYNOPSIS
ruby-prof [options] <script.rb> [ script-options ] DESCRIPTION
ruby-prof is a fast profiler for ruby. It can be used as a stand-alone program (that this man page documents) or as a ruby library. Simply run the ruby program you want to profile using ruby-prof : ruby-prof script.rb At the end of execution the time spent in each method is displayed. OPTIONS
-p, --printer=printer Select a printer: flat - Prints a flat profile as text (default). graph - Prints a graph profile as text. graph_html - Prints a graph profile as html. call_tree - format for KCacheGrind -m, --min_percent=min_percent The minimum percent a method must take before being included in output reports. This option is not supported for call tree. -f, --file=path Output results to a file instead of standard out. --mode=measure_mode Select what ruby-prof should measure process - Use process time (default). wall - Use wall time. cpu - Use the CPU clock counter (only supported on Pentium and PowerPCs). --replace-progname Replace $0 when loading the ruby source file. -h, --help Show help message. -v, --version Show version. SEE ALSO
The ruby-prof website, http://ruby-prof.rubyforge.org/ AUTHOR
ruby-prof was written by Shugo Maeda <shugo@ruby-lang.org>. This manual page was written by Arnaud Cornet <arnaud.cornet@gmail.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 14 October 2006 RUBY-PROF(1)