Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How Will the World End?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Will the World End? Post 302457306 by anbu23 on Monday 27th of September 2010 05:29:05 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Wake up from the dream - When we realize who we are then that instant world ends for us.

Last edited by Neo; 09-28-2010 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: edited.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

5. War Stories

The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us

I hope you will enjoy reading this essay I wrote: The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us If you are a true "IT person" i.e. a software developer, code or deep system admin, I think you will resonate with the theme of my essay. I could... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
XtRealizeWidget(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						XtRealizeWidget(3)

NAME
XtRealizeWidget, XtIsRealized, XtUnrealizeWidget - realize and unrealize widgets SYNTAX
void XtRealizeWidget(Widget w); Boolean XtIsRealized(Widget w); void XtUnrealizeWidget(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
If the widget is already realized, XtRealizeWidget simply returns. Otherwise, it performs the following: o Binds all action names in the widget's translation table to procedures (see Section 10.1.2). o Makes a post-order traversal of the widget tree rooted at the specified widget and calls the change_managed procedure of each compos- ite widget that has one or more managed children. o Constructs an XSetWindowAttributes structure filled in with information derived from the Core widget fields and calls the realize pro- cedure for the widget, which adds any widget-specific attributes and creates the X window. o If the widget is not a subclass of compositeWidgetClass, XtRealizeWidget returns; otherwise, it continues and performs the following: - Descends recursively to each of the widget's managed children and calls the realize procedures. Primitive widgets that instanti- ate children are responsible for realizing those children themselves. - Maps all of the managed children windows that have mapped_when_managed True. (If a widget is managed but mapped_when_managed is False, the widget is allocated visual space but is not displayed. Some people seem to like this to indicate certain states.) If the widget is a top-level shell widget (that is, it has no parent), and mapped_when_managed is True, XtRealizeWidget maps the widget window. The XtIsRealized function returns True if the widget has been realized, that is, if the widget has a nonzero X window ID. Some widget procedures (for example, set_values) might wish to operate differently after the widget has been realized. The XtUnrealizeWidget function destroys the windows of an existing widget and all of its children (recursively down the widget tree). To recreate the windows at a later time, call XtRealizeWidget again. If the widget was managed, it will be unmanaged automatically before its window is freed. SEE ALSO
XtManageChildren(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.4 XtRealizeWidget(3)