Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pthread_mutex_timedlock and Timers option Post 302457263 by ramestica on Monday 27th of September 2010 03:25:50 PM
Old 09-27-2010
run time misbehavior. it did timeout much before the absolute time passed as parameter.

ps: something strange here. in my browser I read that your first reply says 'clock_gettime', but in the notification I got via email it says 'clock_getres'.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

unix and timers

Hello there.. I need to know when i start indipendant timers how can i recognize which of the active timers have made timeout alarm. The number of started timers depends on the running app I'd appreciate your help Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightcat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-h option

Hi what does the following mean in shell scripts (-h option) val contains a string. while (-h "$val") (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su option

We have started to us the su option on our production server. We log in with our own id and then su into a special id to perform various tasks. This allows our actions to be monitored. I need to know how to use the su option when doing an ftp between two servers. I noticed that when I log into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

4. Programming

cc option

my yacc output file y.tab.c is not compiling using cc y.tab.c -ly command .possibily option flag -ly is not correct.i m using red hat linux 9.please give solutions. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuldeep_bora
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

6. Programming

Doubts about timers in linux kernel

Hi , I am trying to learn timers in linux kernel. I am trying to write a program where I can configure a timer to tick in every 5 seconds and a function should thus exicute in every five seconds. I tried one program with the help of linux/timer.h headerfile but I couldnt get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Question Regarding Timers and Output

Hi there. I am fairly new to scripting in BASH so please forgive my clumsy syntax and analogy as I try to explain what I am trying to accomplish. I have a list of mundane functions that I currently call from a script file. What I wish to do is to accurately record into a log file the times that... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenuous
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-f option and -rf in rm

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting and I'm trying to read some code I need to use. Could you help me out on what it's doing? I read this as.... if the directory has files then rm all the files in that directory. I'm not sure.... if ; then run "rm -rf ${TSP_FILEPATH_PLUGIN_DIR}"; fi run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
clock_settime(3RT)					    Realtime Library Functions						clock_settime(3RT)

NAME
clock_settime, clock_gettime, clock_getres - high-resolution clock operations SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lrt [ library... ] #include <time.h> int clock_settime(clockid_t clock_id, const struct timespec *tp); int clock_gettime(clockid_t clock_id, struct timespec *tp); int clock_getres(clockid_t clock_id, struct timespec *res); DESCRIPTION
The clock_settime() function sets the specified clock, clock_id, to the value specified by tp. Time values that are between two consecutive non-negative integer multiples of the resolution of the specified clock are truncated down to the smaller multiple of the resolution. The clock_gettime() function returns the current value tp for the specified clock, clock_id. The resolution of any clock can be obtained by calling clock_getres(). Clock resolutions are system-dependent and cannot be set by a process. If the argument res is not NULL, the resolution of the specified clock is stored in the location pointed to by res. If res is NULL, the clock resolution is not returned. If the time argument of clock_settime() is not a multiple of res, then the value is truncated to a multiple of res. A clock may be systemwide (that is, visible to all processes) or per-process (measuring time that is meaningful only within a process). A clock_id of CLOCK_REALTIME is defined in <time.h>. This clock represents the realtime clock for the system. For this clock, the values returned by clock_gettime() and specified by clock_settime() represent the amount of time (in seconds and nanoseconds) since the Epoch. Additional clocks may also be supported. The interpretation of time values for these clocks is unspecified. A clock_id of CLOCK_HIGHRES represents the non-adjustable, high-resolution clock for the system. For this clock, the value returned by clock_gettime(3RT) represents the amount of time (in seconds and nanoseconds) since some arbitrary time in the past; it is not correlated in any way to the time of day, and thus is not subject to resetting or drifting by way of adjtime(2), ntp_adjtime(2), settimeofday(3C), or clock_settime(). The time source for this clock is the same as that for gethrtime(3C). Additional clocks may also be supported. The interpretation of time values for these clocks is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The clock_settime(), clock_gettime() and clock_getres() functions will fail if: EINVAL The clock_id argument does not specify a known clock. ENOSYS The functions clock_settime(), clock_gettime(), and clock_getres() are not supported by this implementation. The clock_settime() function will fail if: EINVAL The tp argument to clock_settime() is outside the range for the given clock ID; or the tp argument specified a nanosecond value less than zero or greater than or equal to 1000 million. The clock_settime() function may fail if: EPERM The requesting process does not have the appropriate privilege to set the specified clock. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |clock_gettime() is Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
time(2), ctime(3C), gethrtime(3C), time.h(3HEAD), timer_gettime(3RT), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Jun 2002 clock_settime(3RT)