Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Invoke unix script using c program Post 302457053 by somi2yoga on Monday 27th of September 2010 07:19:15 AM
Old 09-27-2010
Invoke unix script using c program

hi

i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further.

Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table..

please help me invoke as well as return dat from the script to C program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke java program in different processc d

I have a simple script like this: for file in $dodfiles; do ./rundod $file done $dodfiles is an array of file names selected rundod is a script which invokes a java progrm which process a data file all the processing message logged into a log file in order to extract and analyze the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liux99
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke a perl script from java program

Hi: I need to invoke a perl script from a java applet program in UNIX operating system.. Can you please suggest me!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script of invoke an email program

Is it possible that a shell script invokes a windows mailing application like Lotus Notes and creates a mail and sends it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to invoke the mail from unix ?

How to send mail to users from linux machine when ceratin task finished ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a script in UNIX using Excel Macro

Hi, I am using Send Keys to connect to UNIX server and invoke a script . Is there an alternate way to connect to UNIX server using Excel macro and invoke a UNIX Shell script? Anu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandita.jha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke external program and capture its output

Hi all, I am using an external binary to view memory starting from a specific address and i want to automate this via PERL however there are problems. Hope you can help me ..thx The output of the programme is like below: bash-3.2$ mem_disp 12B21D20 100 Opening RO Data Memory File scp.ro... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekckabatop
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)