Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find filename in the given directory Post 302456947 by karthinvk on Monday 27th of September 2010 02:32:39 AM
Old 09-27-2010
Thanks

I am using like
code : ls grep *testA*
its working but error also coming with the answer....
please tel the exact code....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help to find find filename usingFile pointer in c

Hi .. I am having a file pointer .. it have declared some where tough to find out that ..Can we find out the filename associated with file pointer ... i mean is there any function FILEPOINTER.filename() is there in c ??... Thanks, Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get filename from directory

hi find /home -type f -atime +5 shows me files like : home/test/aaa.txt home/test/bbb.html How can I get the file name I mean only aaa.txt and bbb.html (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory -l filename perl

Can anybody let me know what following commands will do in perl 1.my $result = `/main/home/bin/iwex -l '$File1'`; 2.my $setcmd = "/main/home/bin/iwex -s \"$File2\" \"$File3\""; where $File1 $File2 $File3 are regular files. Please suggest something. Ur welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading filename from directory

I am using the following code to read filename from the directory: for i in ` ls $inputDir | grep $partialName*.csv` do echo $i done But the echo is giving me the following: ls | grep cm_ctx*.csv instead of the full filename "cm_ctx_2009_07_15_17_18.csv" Any ideas anyone? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khanvader
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename FileName in the Directory

In the Directory all the Files are following format. Filename_yyyymmdd_numbers.txt eg. file_name_20120106_015802.txt . I want to write the Shell script to rename all the file to file_name.txt.in the directory. Thanks Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff - filename and directory name are same

Hi, I have in the one folder file and directory that have same name. I need make diff from first directory where exists file in folder FOLDER/filename and second file where not exist folder, but FOLDER is filename. I use -N switch for create new file. Scripts report: Not a directory Sample:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the filename alone from a directory?

Hi All, As i'm new to this i need help. I want to copy all the filenames in a directory and also it should get arange in the order recent modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

put file in different directory according to the filename

Dear all, I would like to know how to move the downloaded files in differenent directories according to the name of the file? i.e. P10120111201_122013M.jpg P10120120101_122013M.jpg P10120120201_122013M.jpg The first 4 charactors "P101" is the station name, 4-8 means year "2012",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)