Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Held req: Awk - remove non-alpha line Post 302456850 by Grueben on Sunday 26th of September 2010 11:45:58 AM
Old 09-26-2010
Cheers worked fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Req)Shell script req

HI All Im new to shell scripting...kindly plz help me... I need a shell script for: We have to take export of all db's on daily basis from all svr's and keep these export backups on diffrent server. Plz help. Regards Gaurav (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergauravtaneja
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to remove duplicate rows in line

i have the long file more than one ns and www and mx in the line like . i need the first ns record and first www and first mx from line . the records are seperated with tthe ; i am try ing in awk scripting not getiing the solution. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranmosarla
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req 1-liner for Awk, et al to find str position

Hi, I'm trying to find the position of a series of numbers within a large text file. The numbers are separated by spaces. This works fine: type Huge_File.txt | gawk "{print index($0,"255")}" But this does not: type Huge_File.txt | gawk "{print index($0,"188 028 239 160 016 190 137... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lemming42
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Remove spaces before processing each line?

Hi, all I have a file containing the following data: name: PRODUCT_1 date: 2010-01-07 really_long_name: PRODUCT_ABCDEFG I want to get the date (it is "2010-01-07" here), I could use the following code to do that: awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Remove column1 and last column in a line

Hi All, How to remove col1 and last column in a line. Please suggest some awk stuffs. Input col1 col2 col3 col4 col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col1 col2 col3 col4 col1 col2 col3 Output Processing col2 col3 ... Processing col2 col3 col4 ... Processing col2 col3 ... Processing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove line feed

Hi, I've this file: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, I need to remove the line feed LF every 3 row. 1,2,3, 4,5,6, Thanks in advance, Alfredo (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search for pattern and remove line

I am an awk beginner and need help figuring out how to search for a number in the first column and if it (or anything greater) exists, remove those lines. AM11400012012 2.26 2.12 1.98 2.52 3.53 3.01 3.62 5.00 3.65 7.95 0.79 3.88 0.00 AM11400012013 3.39 2.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove line

I would like to remove lines with certain pattern but only Estimate: and Realised: in USD and Date: shall be output. The order of the currency are mixed. Output I failed on awk with sub, gensub and was not able to remove the multiple entry on the * Date: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on condition in awk

In the following tab-delimited input, I am checking $7 for the keyword intronic. If that keyword is found then $2 is split by the . in each line and if the string after the digits or the +/- is >10, then that line is deleted. This will always be the case for intronic. If $7 is exonic then nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove line if field has symbols in it

Trying to use awk to remove a line only if $1 contains either ; or :. Thje awk below runs but no lines are removed. Thank you :). awk awk '$1 !~ /;/ || $1 !~ /:/ { print }' file file AARS2;TMEM151B 1 AASS 2 ABAT 3 ABCA1 3 ABCA10 1 ABCA12 2 ABCA13 1 ABCA13:AX746840 2 ABCA2 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3)

NAME
DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base - Base class for DBD::Gofer policies SYNOPSIS
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Gofer:transport=...;policy=...", ...) DESCRIPTION
DBD::Gofer can be configured via a 'policy' mechanism that allows you to fine-tune the number of round-trips to the Gofer server. The policies are grouped into classes (which may be subclassed) and referenced by the name of the class. The DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base class is the base class for all the policy classes and describes all the individual policy items. The Base policy is not used directly. You should use a policy class derived from it. POLICY CLASSES
Three policy classes are supplied with DBD::Gofer: DBD::Gofer::Policy::pedantic is most 'transparent' but slowest because it makes more round-trips to the Gofer server. DBD::Gofer::Policy::classic is a reasonable compromise - it's the default policy. DBD::Gofer::Policy::rush is fastest, but may require code changes in your applications. Generally the default "classic" policy is fine. When first testing an existing application with Gofer it is a good idea to start with the "pedantic" policy first and then switch to "classic" or a custom policy, for final testing. POLICY ITEMS
These are temporary docs: See the source code for list of policies and their defaults. In a future version the policies and their defaults will be defined in the pod and parsed out at load-time. See the source code to this module for more details. POLICY CUSTOMIZATION
XXX This area of DBD::Gofer is subject to change. There are three ways to customize policies: Policy classes are designed to influence the overall behaviour of DBD::Gofer with existing, unaltered programs, so they work in a reasonably optimal way without requiring code changes. You can implement new policy classes as subclasses of existing policies. In many cases individual policy items can be overridden on a case-by-case basis within your application code. You do this by passing a corresponding "<go_<policy_name">> attribute into DBI methods by your application code. This let's you fine-tune the behaviour for special cases. The policy items are implemented as methods. In many cases the methods are passed parameters relating to the DBD::Gofer code being executed. This means the policy can implement dynamic behaviour that varies depending on the particular circumstances, such as the particular statement being executed. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, <http://www.tim.bunce.name> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Tim Bunce, Ireland. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-04 DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3)